Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BP Ultimate is the best...

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I have no idea about vortex, isn't that refined in Sydney or something? I only know about BP etc because of our fuel rep at work.

Yeah the Caltex refinery is at Kurnell in Sydney near Botany Bay and the Airport..

I will still give BP a go in the new year and see if it makes a difference..

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
theres also a caltex refinary in brisbaen the the airport (just after u go over the gateway bridge)... or is that BP??? i cant remember now lol but im pretty sure its caltex.

anyway, i only use BP ultimate in both my VPSS and VS V6. the VS runs like puss on regular, so i have to use 95 or 98ron fuel. so i use BP as i find it runs the best on it. i refuse to use shell at all. ill never put that in any of my cars again as it is **** and screws ur motor.

i have a mate who does up cars and ****, and he has a 13second 6cyl ED falcon. he took the head off to do abit more work after runnin on only shell optimax for ages and the head was so dirty and looked like ****. then after he put it back together, he only ran it on BP ultimate and then about a year down the track, he took the head off again and it looked prety much the same as when he put it back on. so now thats all he puts in his cars aswell

but if i cant get to a BP, ill go to caltex and get vortex 98ron. but not all caltex's up here have 98ron yet :(

StillDreaming

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7 II SS
I will agree with the response time and readyness at highway speeds I was doing a 1000 ks a week with half freeway half city driving and after all that is said and done Vortex would be at same performance level but I would prefure Ultimate and half tank freshly tuned and running right.THE MONEY IS WORTH IT.I agree but that when it is running good that you tend to lead foot it a bit,but whois complaining,not me.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
BP + octaine booster = wonders

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
I only use caltex vortex 98 i get way better econamy and response than any other fuel i have tried but in saying that have not tried bp ult or mobil 8000 so i guess i will run my tank down and give it a go, but also people should remember that it doesnt have an imediate effect try running the new fuels for 2-3 tanks then form your opinion and as someone else said different cars like different fuel it al depends on tune and condition of your car and also drivinbg styles.

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
i know its an old thread but now mobil doesnt exist anymore 7/11 baught them out which means water in ur fuel system so ive changed to shell v power and shes running better and cleaner. on occasion ill run bp but not much of a diffrence in power just diffrence in ur pocket wise

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Actually, water injection gives you a nice little compression ratio boost.

Shell v power is glorified kerosene

All fuel suppliers get surprise test of their fuel to make sure its not been tampered with.

The original thread is about BP ultimate, which still remains the best fuel available to end users

This thread dig was completely unnecessary.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
i know its an old thread but now mobil doesnt exist anymore 7/11 baught them out which means water in ur fuel system so ive changed to shell v power and shes running better and cleaner. on occasion ill run bp but not much of a diffrence in power just diffrence in ur pocket wise

Bp 98 is no more expensive then any other 98

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
caltex is crap, shell is crap, mobil is crap, gull is crap, BP are the only people who stand behind their high octane fuel. Their was a doco on TV about it the BP 98 octane is their minimum rating for that fuel, it can go up to 100+. And its noticable, your car just has that bit more bark when ya deck it. I dont know about the fuel economy, iv always had hungry cars and my 8is no exeption.

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
Just to clarify and to see whats happening in 2012...

before 7/11 took over Mobile, Mobiles Synergy 8000 has an additive called Keropour, now 7/11 has taken over mobile all their 98 is pure 98 no additives at all.

BP Ultimate also uses a additive product called Keropour

Shell V power uses an additive called MEMO6101

Caltexs Vortex has an additive but apparently is a secret.

As to what is the best fuel i guess its up to you to decide what fuel works the best in your car, i have changed to using 7/11 98