Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BREMBO PROBLEMS - CONSIDERING LEGAL ACTION

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Bummer. Try to remove the weights if possible or if in Melbourne go back to Planet Parts.

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Bummer. Try to remove the weights if possible or if in Melbourne go back to Planet Parts.

Planetparts are denying that the weights hit the wheels on Vf redline SSV rims! They said that in the eBay ad it states that the buyer must ensure that their wheels clear brembo brakes. One would safely assume that Vf redline rims will clear Vf redline brembo brakes...???

They have sold repainted camaro or tesla brakes as New Vf holden Commodore Red brembo brakes!

Attachments

• IMG_5554.PNG
    IMG_5554.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Pricks. Try to remove the weights if you can. I've sent you a private message with another alternative.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I purchased braided lines from planet parts. They had the wrong flare which I found out about after I'd already pulled the old lines off. Should've known there was a reason they were cheap.

Tried to contact them with no reply. Eventually opened a case in eBay and got a full refund.

Last edited:

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
The brake hose is too long as it comes from the top.

The pads with the circle weights hit the rims. The rims are VF2 Redline Rims!

the Brembo's that come from overseas are the same caliper, just oriented slightly differently to suit the Camaro or the ctsv or whatever they were going to go on over there. For our application you need to make sure you swap over the cross over pipe and the bleed nipples on each caliper (end for end) so that when you are fitting the caliper the bleed nipples are facing up AND the alignment of the pistons in the caliper are such that the smaller piston is at the leading edge of the braking event if the disc is rotating in a forward action. Generally if you swap over the nipples and pipe on the caliper, it will then be fitted correctly in the correct orientation. Then those stupid pads with the weights on them shouldn't hit redline rims but if you are still having issues, ditch those pads and get a set without weights. The front pads are equivalent to Bendix DB1678 e.g. the QFM hpx will get you out of trouble for $79 bucks.

I hope this helps. To me it sounds like they sent you the calipers and you fitted em effectively upside down as you may not have known to make the changes so that's causing all of your issues.

Does this help?

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
the Brembo's that come from overseas are the same caliper, just oriented slightly differently to suit the Camaro or the ctsv or whatever they were going to go on over there. For our application you need to make sure you swap over the cross over pipe and the bleed nipples on each caliper (end for end) so that when you are fitting the caliper the bleed nipples are facing up AND the alignment of the pistons in the caliper are such that the smaller piston is at the leading edge of the braking event if the disc is rotating in a forward action. Generally if you swap over the nipples and pipe on the caliper, it will then be fitted correctly in the correct orientation. Then those stupid pads with the weights on them shouldn't hit redline rims but if you are still having issues, ditch those pads and get a set without weights. The front pads are equivalent to Bendix DB1678 e.g. the QFM hpx will get you out of trouble for $79 bucks.

I hope this helps. To me it sounds like they sent you the calipers and you fitted em effectively upside down as you may not have known to make the changes so that's causing all of your issues.

Does this help?
They advertised them as Vf redline brembos. They are mounted with the bleeders at the top on lhs & rhs. The brake hose enters from the top so the Vf Commodore hoses are now too long...

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX

Does this help?

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
This is the Caliper with bleeder at the top & the brake hose connection at the top as well...

Attachments

• IMG_5584.PNG
    IMG_5584.PNG
    1,013 KB · Views: 236

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I believe you learn this on HSV drivers days when you are warned not to hold the brakes or use the hand brake after turning a few hard laps and coming in and parking up.

I learnt this on club track days 25 yrs ago. One of the first things they mentioned.

And when your discs have a blue tinge to them after 5 laps, you understand why.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What are the QFM HPX pads like for dust ?