Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BS Saftey features on new cars. Grrr

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Ronny Dahl so on the money with this. His focus is on off road vehicles, but it’s relative to all new vehicles.

The Saftey features on my Santa Fe have already put us in some scary situations that would not happen had it been 15years old.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
There’s a reason all the old Landcruisers and Patrols are worth a crapload of money now. They don’t make them like they used to and real 4WDers want them to be made like they used to. Zero options but to keep the old vehicles running.

It’s the same way with our V8 Commodores, there are SFA new V8 sedans/wagons/utes on the market now so if you want that option your only choice is to buy an old one.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
my VE still has a manual hand brake :) kids thats a leaver not a button
The VF handbrake is retarded (as are all electronic handbrakes). Not only is it electronic but the actuator is on top of the rear subframe so I expect that you would have to drop the rear subframe just to change the actuator if it needs replacing.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
The VF handbrake is retarded (as are all electronic handbrakes). Not only is it electronic but the actuator is on top of the rear subframe so I expect that you would have to drop the rear subframe just to change the actuator if it needs replacing.
not sure if it were this forum or the old hsvforum but someone going from VE to VF they put the handbrake were the old window switches were and mussel memory serves right apparently the elec handbrake does work around 30kph and nothing u can do once u make that mistake till vehicle stops

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ronny Dahl so on the money with this. His focus is on off road vehicles, but it’s relative to all new vehicles.

The Saftey features on my Santa Fe have already put us in some scary situations that would not happen had it been 15years old.

I disagree with Ronny on this one. I think the cutoff is around 2010-2015 depending on the vehicle. As soon as BS like lane keep assist and autonomous braking became a thing that’s when it completely went to shite.

Im a hard pass on anything with that crap. Get back to me when the car can legally drive me home from the pub drunk and then it might be useful. Until then it’s just crap that allows idiots to check their facebook while they risk other peoples lives with their shitty driving.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
All the hardcore 4 wheel drivers I know have old patrols they will challenge any 200 or 300 series driver if they can go where they go they will give you there car if you want to talk **** put your rego papers down and lets go is how the boys tell it. Ive never heard of a 200 series bloke going where they go I know plenty of tossers that have spent **** loads on their 200 series .

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
My VE's have hand brakes.
My VF has a finger brake..... :(

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If the dealer ever has anything to do with it, it’s the finger.

908hpe.gif