Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BS Saftey features on new cars. Grrr

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
not sure if it were this forum or the old hsvforum but someone going from VE to VF they put the handbrake were the old window switches were and mussel memory serves right apparently the elec handbrake does work around 30kph and nothing u can do once u make that mistake till vehicle stops
Not sure if that was me, but it took a few times for me to stop putting the handbrake on instead of raising the window. My case was VZ to VF.
(Clank clang clunk stop). Shite not again.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Not sure if that was me, but it took a few times for me to stop putting the handbrake on instead of raising the window. My case was VZ to VF.
(Clank clang clunk stop). Shite not again.
Same problem going from VE to VF... :D

Reactions: Lex

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It is not just the 'safety features' of new cars that make you go "Hmmm ?"

This morning's motoring news ..... didn't read all the fine print, too boring.
Kia to recall shedloads of US models because the digital instrument display is faulty. Makes car unroadworthy and undrivable if a malfunction.
Genesis EV has fingerprint and facial recognition for start. What could go wrong there. Bit of lippy and eye make-up, or a big night out and you can't start your car ?

Unnecessary technology ........... far out. :mad:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Genesis EV has fingerprint and facial recognition for start. What could go wrong there. Bit of lippy and eye make-up, or a big night out and you can't start your car ?

Unnecessary technology ........... far out. :mad:

You do have interesting nights out. Don’t worry, the rest of us won’t mention the make up to Losh.

:)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I disagree with Ronny on this one. I think the cutoff is around 2010-2015 depending on the vehicle. As soon as BS like lane keep assist and autonomous braking became a thing that’s when it completely went to shite.

Im a hard pass on anything with that crap. Get back to me when the car can legally drive me home from the pub drunk and then it might be useful. Until then it’s just crap that allows idiots to check their facebook while they risk other peoples lives with their shitty driving.
Nah, definitely 1971 when the series 3 landrover came out.
Plastic dash, plastic grill. YUCK!

42-70's off-roaders only please.....
(Flame suit on)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@figjam after a big night
1683594428064.jpeg

1683611952676.jpeg

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I was 'speaking' figuratively / genereric.
Bloody hell! How big are your nights?
When I was younger, so much younger than today ................ pubs closed at 10.00pm.
A big night out was a few beers, and a greasy burger, ( kebabs were yet to be invented ) in a town full of Army and RAAF trainees with little available talent .................. so a good nights sleep was normal.

What makes you think I need a big night out to look like that in the morning.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
The VF handbrake is retarded (as are all electronic handbrakes). Not only is it electronic but the actuator is on top of the rear subframe so I expect that you would have to drop the rear subframe just to change the actuator if it needs replacing.
Give me a hand job any day.