Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cairns and surrounding area's

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
yeah, i live up on the side of the hill (mooroobool hights lol) i get to see the wind sweep accross the city before it gets to us, druing the day i could see the bay, big choppy waves coming in.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I don't know the population of QLD Rockhampton and north to Cooktown and every town within 250KM of the coast could all move somewhere. That must me summin like 500,000 people. Where would they stay if everyone in the danger area days ahead moved? Even within the last 24 hours it'd probably be well over 250,000 people. Where do they go? It's a very narrow view that "they should just go, NOW." Reality doesn't work that way for many reasons.

Well its also a situation you cant really comment on untill you are put in that positon. When push comes to shove, I dont know if I could just leave, what is essentially my life, behind.

We didnt leave for Larry, but that was a pretty average cyclone for Nth Qld.

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
Well its also a situation you cant really comment on untill you are put in that positon. When push comes to shove, I dont know if I could just leave, what is essentially my life, behind.

speaking of larry, looks like innisfail is about to cop it again... Tropical Cyclone Threat Map Page (1)

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

I haven't had to deal with a Larry. I have lived in NQLD and Darwin and know what a good blow can be like. I would leave if I could but what I was saying is it's impossible for all to leave. We should support those who choose either course because of that. If you had have left then you'd be part of the refugee crisis(that would ensue from everyone leaving). Who wants 500,000 Queenslanders knocking on our beautiful NSW border, aagghh. We'll give you foreign aid if you stay up there!

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
LOL!!! This has gotten funny. It's like the avg IQ in QLD is lower than everywhere else.

i seriously agree with some stuff you say mate... but at this time i really think you should just shut the #### up

Oh and also... Good luck to all you who have stayed.. Stay safe...

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
i seriously agree with some stuff you say mate... but at this time i really think you should just shut the #### up

Oh and also... Good luck to all you who have stayed.. Stay safe...

It's quite funny, whether you agree with the reffo thing or not that the same people that say MOVE, as csp does, are the same people who you would think would support reffo's using "common sense" and moving somewhere "out of the danger zone". Ironic...

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
lol. I'll do the math, you do the google maps search.

You wouldn't know if your ass was on fire.
You're down there, we're up here, let us handle it.

I spend 80% of my day chasing around a 6 month old crawling, teething baby, so excuse me for making a simple error with the name of the town I was referring to. But even with the 17-20 hr trip from Townsville to Brisbane, out of a 48hr period, still gives plenty of time to get away.

But all that aside, it seems you are so simple minded that you completely missed the point I was trying to make, which was, and read carefully now so you don't get mistaken again....

Why would you stay in your home that is in an area about to bare the brute force of a catagory 5 cyclone, which they do no know exactly the kind of destruction it may cause due to never having experience a cyclone of this magnitude, all because "I don't want lose everything I worked hard for"

Being there isn't going to save a damned thing or lessen any damage caused. You are only putting your life at risk by staying. If you have the ability/resources to get the hell out, then why wouldn't you?

You with me now? Or do I need to drop to 1st grade level?

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
yeah right last time i did Brisbane to Mackay it took a bit longer than that.

how fast were you travelling?

Honestly...not sure. I slept most of the way, but it was approx. 8 hours after we left when we arrived. Give or take. I did say approx before....And we did only stop once for like 5 mins for fuel.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Have to disagree.

If my house is in danger and my life can be saved, I am gone. Who really gives ua crap about insured personal effects and material items? We (parents and us children) had to abandon and rebuild our house in the Ash Wednesday fires, had to abandon during other fires in the 90's. It is rather simple. A house can be rebuilt, memories are forever, a life is lost when you die.

To stay when you have a choice to get out is plain and outright stupid and these people deserve no sympathy if they lose everything including life.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
To stay when you have a choice to get out is plain and outright stupid and these people deserve no sympathy if they lose everything including life.

I know I'm replying to a rather short part of your post but it's the part I think needs addressing. A few of you are saying _all_ have the choice to leave and you don't want your money spent on them that don't. Not _all_ can leave, areas around them would have serious problems absorbing them. If they all left we would also have a refugee crisis. Think how many people this will have an effect on.