Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam for VS

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
yeh my original plan was to get a set of rockers but then was told a cam would be more effective. and yeh an 8 is an option but im on my p's and dont think id be able to drive it same goes with the charger. but yeh might just get the cam done then the heads in a month or so depending how i go.

What state are you in?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
just wondering too if i got a V8 engine would i need a new trainsmission also???

depends how yours is, if its doing ok then it would be fine. i think you'd need a V8 torque converter and input shaft though.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i honestly dont think you would no, not if you paid someone to remove your current engine and install the new one....that would be over well over $500 just for that id say.
how attached to your car are you? you could sell it and use your $2k ontop of what you get for you car to buy a V8...probably not a super6, but you'd get a V8.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i would still go the cam with a lil port polish job, should be able to get a tune in there for 1500.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
hey mate theres a few efi v8s @ the wreckers there advertised on the tradeing post down in vic:) they are chargeing $400 to fit them to and most of the v8 motors are under $2000! or as cruise alot said you could save the money for another car with a v8 already in it ect

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
hey mate theres a few efi v8s @ the wreckers there advertised on the tradeing post down in vic:) they are chargeing $400 to fit them to and most of the v8 motors are under $2000! or as cruise alot said you could save the money for another car with a v8 already in it ect

yeh ive seen a few actully was thinking about it but have decided to maybe just get a cam. that should tide me over for now i guess. bit later on might try throw on a supercharger from a super 6 should run alright