Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camaro Brembo brake upgrade on VE SS

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
The VE has a bias of 70% front to 30% rear. If you added the fronts( which is why others are adding the rears) then I can't see there being an issue.

Considering that none of the Holden dealers I have spoken to have mentioned the fronts needing calibrating on my SSV or SS, I simply don't believe that the ESP is so tightly engineered to accept some improvement. Take the LS7 clutch used in my car - or the tailshaft. Good for 500hp I've been advised.

One of the guys I got a kit for has installed them and said there is improvement but nothing like doing the front swap. I would expect this to be the case.

Based on your theory, guys sticking AP's or HSV brakes on a SS would need something done as well.

Sorry mate, I just can't see it.

Last edited:

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I had the Harrop 'Moster' Kit installed. 4 piston calipers F&R, 356mm disks, braided lines the whole shebang. Never had any ESP issues, and when you think what ESP is supposed to do, Im not sure that putting bigger brakes on will really make that much of a difference to it, if at all.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
They way ESP works is a little different ESP and abs work together. Let's say the rear end of has come around the ESP will apply the brake as hard as it can and reduce the throttle then the ABS senses when it starts locking up it reduces the brake pressure. With this process I don't think it's going to affect anything too much at all. The computer does all this in milliseconds.

andodge

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute MY9.5 344RWkW
Has anyone completed a Camaro Brembo brake upgrade on a VE yet. I believe the front calipers are a straight bolt on but I am unsure of what disc to use. Also is anyone producing kits to fit the rear calipers. I also think there is a handbrake mod that needs doing if someone can elaborate on this for me. Any other information would be great.

2010Camaro650.jpg

I upgraded my front brakes with brand new Brembo's 4 spots with 355mm discs, I bought the package from Holmart online, delivered for $1050.00 they are identical to the redline SSV units but sliver in colour rather than red calipers (they are imported from the USA).

Great upgrade for the money and they took little over an hour to bolt on myself no mods required. The standard VE brakes are a complete joke.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Edit: nevermind

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys unjust purchased year rear callipers expecting them to be the silver CTSV units.
What do I have to do to get them to fit? Is it just a matter of trimmed pads and the VE Hsv rotor?
0F3B36CE-0786-4F1D-9421-E6A16C784620-6031-000004A665691675_zpsbe668181.jpg

need to be redrilled to suit. CTSV calipers bolt straight up

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I have just bought some brackets to fit Falcon FG six piston brembos to the front of my VE with redline discs. I will post up pics as I fit them.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can supply 6 piston front brembos that bolt straight up to ve by simply drilling the mounting holes out to 14mm from 12mm