Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the parking sensors be disabled?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
This may help you out a bit more.
This is the actual speaker that I am talking about. (Removed from the car unfortunately)

image.php

You can see the Low, High and Off settings on the side.

Cheers
Matti

Greg SV6

Reaction score
Hmm I had a look for the speaker but can't find it. Does anyone know where it's located in the wagon?

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Sounds like you drive in reverse everywhere! Also put on your seat belt before starting, another 'beep' there too!

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Seriously just be thankful you dont have front parking sensors like i do too....nothing more annoying that reversing into the garage and the reverse ones are going bonkers plus the front kicks in too because there is a wall along side you or its the edge of the garage door it picks up :(

Im just lucky I got a button to turn it off when its shitting me

Greg SV6

Reaction score
Sounds like you drive in reverse everywhere! Also put on your seat belt before starting, another 'beep' there too!

We have a reasonably long driveway with walls along the side which I have to reverse into... There's also a bike parked at the back of the garage which the sensors don't get along with. It takes about a minute to park so the beeping is pretty annoying.

I know I'm being fussy but I'm hoping to keep the car for a while so I want it to be just right :)

Greg SV6

Reaction score
Seriously just be thankful you dont have front parking sensors like i do too....nothing more annoying that reversing into the garage and the reverse ones are going bonkers plus the front kicks in too because there is a wall along side you or its the edge of the garage door it picks up :(

Im just lucky I got a button to turn it off when its shitting me

Someone who understands! Very glad I don't have the front ones!

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
If the sensors are activated by putting the car into reverse, does it need a buzzer to tell me the sensors are activated?

How would you know it was working otherwise?
Its not telling you its activated, its letting you know the buzzer is working.

Otherwise if you assumed it was activated & working, but the buzzer was broken, you would hear nothing as you reverse over your kid.
That's what these things are for, not so much to assist parking, they are there to see things out of your view.
Like a 1 year old crawling after the pet dog, which happens to go under the car as Daddy is reversing.

I have to reverse my car into a small garage and I end up having the rear guard and the side-view mirror on the passenger side about 10mm from the wall, the sensor goes off the whole time while I am doing it, but I just ignore it, I wouldn't disable it as there are other tenants kids playing on my drive way all of the time.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
From my experience, if you have reverse parking sensors you can't disable it. It's 100% not an option via the head unit or dash cluster.

Normally the only ones that you can disable easily (Via a button) is the front park sensors if you've got them... Otherwise they would go off while you're driving.

If it makes you feel any better, the Mitsubishi beep all the time - Think like a truck in reverse - when reverse is selected even when you don't have park sensors! Took them 4 years to fix it in the new models.