Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't rev past 5,000 RPM? and weird vibration when driving under 100 at 2,000RPM on 5th gear.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what is the rev limiter set to on these
probably had so much slip in old auto that is why engine revved its tits off

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
what is the rev limiter set to on these
Well here is a cluster from an early VE SV6 (below), and the redline starts at about 6500RPM, not the 7000RPM that the O.P claims

1695629604284.png

So for the O.P to make the car go to 8000RPM (which is as far as the rev counter goes), there is something seriously wrong...

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Well here is a cluster from an early VE SV6 (below), and the redline starts at about 6500RPM, not the 7000RPM that the O.P claims

View attachment 257863
So for the O.P to make the car go to 8000RPM (which is as far as the rev counter goes), there is something seriously wrong...
They redline at 6750rpm

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You'll be amazed what a motor will rev to when dreaming is involved... :)

Why it doesn't rev as hard as it used to....Answer is simple...The motor is cactus....Revving the tits out of them reguarly doesn't do them too many favours

To fix...Rebuild time....Both motor and gearbox

WhiteCommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Commodore VE V6 3.6L Auto

View attachment 257863
Thanks all for the replies, this is correct I completely apologise for being a bum. You guys are correct I did not get past 8,000 but I used to be able to rev on sport more or parking or neutral past 5,000 rpm at least.

I’m very sorry for this and wanted to correct that no , I do not thrash my car at excessive amounts of rev but i do remember being able to or having the ability to past 5,000 rpm. So I am wondering why now when it’s going on highway or when parked my engine can’t get past 5,000 rpm.

Once again sorry I want to be clear I do not go 8,0000rpm and I was silly to say, I definetly did once get to 7,000 but that was very brief and was ultimately the reason why I got the box replaced.

Sorry guys, terrible mistake on the writing there. I love my car and enjoy my Ute I just wanted to know why it dosent go past that rev range or if the car has always been like this and I’ve never noticed, thank you all so much for the replies . I can see some a quite humiliating as well which I can totally understand like the “public transport one “ haha!

Anyways I managed to solve the vibration one, the rear disc brakes were warped which was prompltly solved. Thank you guys for the comments ! Sorry about that haha!