Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car cameras

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
What he said ^^^

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Thanks very much for the info guys, I just asked this question ( In Car Event Recorder Required - What Do You Suggest?) earlier this morning & the thread was closed for whatever reason.. BTW I did search around but my question was very specific & would have been interesting to hear of other JC users experience based on mine.

Here is an extract of my started thread :-

"I'm interested in actual user opinions for a really descent “in car event recorder” that is of good quality & stealth in appearance. I find eBay is so overwhelming & retail is generally old stock in comparison to the technology available, what do you suggest ? (I only want an event recorder, not laptops or iPods etc)..

There was an incident a few months ago now, in which a lunatic bogan tried running me off the road (heading south down the M1), swerved through 3 lanes just to get in front of me, then slammed on his brakes over & over. I tried changing lanes but he kept blocking me off & pulling the anchors. This kept up for 10km's on the Freeway where he slowed down to 40kms to scope me - only to realise I'm a lot bigger than him so he exited..

This clown was on a mission to nowhere, he scared a lot of drivers with his actions that day (dozens of people in the 4 lanes on the M1 had to back right off, swerve out of the way & basically stay well behind this madness taking place). If I'd have had good quality on board event monitoring, then you'd have seen what this fool got up to. Little hero in a big car, what happens when things go wrong for him I wonder.." (no it wasn't that idiot on ACA, I know the car, & I will be looking out for it - Dark Green/Blue VR Clubsport - in average/poor condition.. will be good to find him if I'm in the Pathfinder - HEH..)

So... A Blackvue DR400G HD (DR400GHD) with a Micro SD Video Card 32GB or for $100 or so more I can get the Blackvue DR500GW WIFI which includes a 32Gb Micro SD Card :) Bring on 2013, down with the haters!!!

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
So this guy cuts me off, then slows down before brake testing me. Then when I go to overtake him he tries to cut me off again before turning left 100m up the road.....

[video=youtube_share;J8GkR4GbCiY]http://youtu.be/J8GkR4GbCiY[/video]

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So this guy cuts me off, then slows down before brake testing me. Then when I go to overtake him he tries to cut me off again before turning left 100m up the road.....

Video snipped

No offence, but you were half a second behind him as you crept up to him.
Yes he did wrong cutting in front of you, but you also went too close to him

Two wrongs dont make a right.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
If I don't have air blowing around mine, it overheats and shuts down after about 10 minutes.

Because I am only driving a little old Kia, it has no rear A/C vents, so I tend to keep the middle vents aimed high down the middle of the car to try to get some air for the rear passengers. For some reason they hadn't been, but now they are blowing straight past the phone, it isn't even getting warm now.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
TVR, happens to me in the truck all the time, they pull in too close, then brake test because I'm too close to them, WTF?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

[video=youtube_share;J8GkR4GbCiY]http://youtu.be/J8GkR4GbCiY[/video]

In the first instance, it looked like he just needed the lane so he could turn left. It looked pretty obvious that he had the room and was going to move, but it almost looks like you were deciding not to let him in at all.. you actually accelerated as he started indicating.. then you apparently changed your mind so he took his chance and jumped in.

In the second instance, he had cars braking in front of him, and you at an unsafe distance behind him, pushing him, so he tried to get out of the sandwich. When you ignored his indicator and forced passed him, he no longer had a need for the right lane, the aggravation was gone, so he was able to stay in the lane he wanted in the first place.

Seen some people acting silly on the road before but they don't usually post the videos themselves lmao

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I was accelerating before he started to indicate and push in and then once he had pushed on he decided to slow down, he was doing about 10-15 under the limit. When I went to overtake I had already been indicating a good few seconds that I was going to overtake. The guy was just a Dick.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I might buy one of the phone holders for my phone, I see so many near misses and idiot drivers I could make compilations for hours lol

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Woohoo another neg rep by an unnamed user :)

'Did you even watch it kid?' I must have, I commented? I have looked at every bloody video in here that I have commented on JUNIOR and I have no hesitation in putting forward my view. That's what forums are for.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you go leaving them neg rep. If we all agreed on everything, life would be pretty freaking boring.

Since the only video I can see that my comment might have attracted this neg rep also had someone else make a similar comment.. I wonder if that person also got neg rep?

Grow up mate.