Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car cameras

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Regarding number plates.. I agree a better camera would be good for this. My iPhone camera (this is just an app for the iPhone) certainly isnt good enough to reliably pick up plates, even in its full sized output. Then they get shrunk for the net.. no chance to read plates. It would however not really need number plates if you were using it as evidence in an accident case, it would still establish the chain of events reliably.

I often remove the sound.. I listen to the ABC, I figure most of you guys don't want to hear that.

In this case, I haven't. I was just going to describe the foolish things that happen on this highway, and in the first 2 minutes, something did.

I dont know about anyone else either, but my perception of speed, and the actual speed displayed on the screen, seem to match just fine.

[video=youtube_share;sVy7ZLFE49g]http://youtu.be/sVy7ZLFE49g[/video]

dazadude

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais Auto LS1
Hey Guys, been using "Dailyroads" for Android phones for a little while and its great. It's also free. Now I just need to get a steady holder...(and get my car back from the mechanics, 3 weeks now !)
not affiliated ..
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dailyroads.v&feature=related_apps

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
good one yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
^
Hate it when that happens

Suburbia freaks me out

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV.X

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I just had an interesting accidental find on the Vic roads website, if you want to record anything on the road, you need to apply for a permit from Vic roads and the relevant shire council to do so legally.

I wonder how you would go using the camera footage as evidence in court if you needed to without the permits? Some smarty lawyer would probably jump on it and exclude it for this reason.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
^^^ that's definitely a loop hole that needs to be closed.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
anyone bought one of these sub $100 cams that are floating round atm that record to SD?