Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Club President charged

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Am i the only person that read this???

"He was also photographed
participating in a "breakaway"
group of the cruise where
drivers took turns doing
burnouts and "circle work" in a
100km/h zone"

That my friends is evidence right there.. Seems like that guy was a tossa setting a bad example, and unfortunetly as the president of the club he does take on some responsibility for memebers actions

But the charges do not relate to those offences (if any of you long time readers will recall this "breakaway group" was in the papers a year ago for this alleged "circle work" in the 100 zone because a very high powered VK had a crash during it and people were charged). Why make up, out of thin air, a new addition to the hoon legislation which can practically outlaw a group of car enthusiasts gathering together. Sure it may sound like I am taking that last bit a tad far, but its the same thing they have done/are doing with the bikies (and the same thing the Nazis did with Jews and Gypsy's :p) you are not allowed to gather and meet in public - whats to stop them from extending it to car enthusiasts because were all hoons who tear around the streets with means looks in our eyes...

VC_HDT

Reaction score
trying to stitch the wife to get a better car
Members Ride
VC HDT, VN Berlina & WIFES VR Stato
But the charges do not relate to those offences (if any of you long time readers will recall this "breakaway group" was in the papers a year ago for this alleged "circle work" in the 100 zone because a very high powered VK had a crash during it and people were charged). Why make up, out of thin air, a new addition to the hoon legislation which can practically outlaw a group of car enthusiasts gathering together. Sure it may sound like I am taking that last bit a tad far, but its the same thing they have done/are doing with the bikies (and the same thing the Nazis did with Jews and Gypsy's :p) you are not allowed to gather and meet in public - whats to stop them from extending it to car enthusiasts because were all hoons who tear around the streets with means looks in our eyes...

mate i think you have the wrong cruise, if you are talkin about the vk that was almost ripped in 2 that was cruise for charity. the other events they blocked off port wakefield road (i think it was) and commenced circle work.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
mate i think you have the wrong cruise, if you are talkin about the vk that was almost ripped in 2 that was cruise for charity. the other events they blocked off port wakefield road (i think it was) and commenced circle work.

I think you'll find the 'reporter' is getting mixed up with real life and the fast and the furious.....

This 'law' is the exact reason I refuse to have anything to do with any car club now (although I was given the ultimatum by a CIB detective who came to my house)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Was that the one where the reporters were raving on about how the car had as much power as a V8 Supercar?

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i almost raged after the FIRST reply....

YOU BREAK THE LAW YOU CANT COMPLAIN

the guy in charge of ACC runs a car club that ONLY hoon's on public roads, if you do the right dam thing you have nothing to worry about

AND SOCIAL POLICIES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW A POLICE FORCE IS RUN- again, if you are stupid enough to be busted THREE times and have your car crushed, its your OWN DAMN FAULT

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i almost raged after the FIRST reply....

YOU BREAK THE LAW YOU CANT COMPLAIN

the guy in charge of ACC runs a car club that ONLY hoon's on public roads, if you do the right dam thing you have nothing to worry about

AND SOCIAL POLICIES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW A POLICE FORCE IS RUN- again, if you are stupid enough to be busted THREE times and have your car crushed, its your OWN DAMN FAULT

Just ask minux about the 3 strikes rule........He's a big believer

The issue isn't the club, but the fact ONE person is being charged for an act someone else committed. (And dont start with the club bs, all of them have their moments)

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
Just ask minux about the 3 strikes rule........He's a big believer

The issue isn't the club, but the fact ONE person is being charged for an act someone else committed. (And dont start with the club bs, all of them have their moments)

sure

but why claim "OH ITS SOCIAL POLITICS AT IT AGAIN!"

ok, should i claim increased interest rates, higher unemployment due to individual contracting, and a larger divide between rich and poor as a result of conservative policy?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
sure

but why claim "OH ITS SOCIAL POLITICS AT IT AGAIN!"

ok, should i claim increased interest rates, higher unemployment due to individual contracting, and a larger divide between rich and poor as a result of conservative policy?
I dont know what the hell your on about, were talking about a stupid law (and side point another stupid law, the 3 strikes rules which has been proven to be abused)

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
I dont know what the hell your on about, were talking about a stupid law (and side point another stupid law, the 3 strikes rules which has been proven to be abused)

yes, but my point is that every thread i see minux reply on, is ALWAYS linked with labor bashin' lol... social politics have nothing to do with one guy getting busted, the court will sort it all out