Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Insurance

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
I am currently paying $56 a month with RACQ.

This includes, New for old for the first 2 years
Hire Car
Windscreen

And my trailer is included in the same policy.

Rural QLD
VF CalaisV Wagon

carebear

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Holden Commodore
I have to pay $40 before I can get my windscreen fixed also what is everyones excess? as I have to pay $850 upfront in excess before they fix the car, if anyone under the age of 30 drives the car I have to pay the $850 plus an extra $500 and if someone who not listed drives it i have to pay $850 plus an extra $300

I think the excess this the catch with budget

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
i pay around 300 for 3rd party. no excess, if some geezer is desperate enough to steal it they can have it.

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Paying $1090 per annum for my 2013 GTS. Apparently because its supercharged and value of the car they have put an $1,000 standard excess on it, but otherwise i'm pretty happy with that.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
I have both my cars with Shannon's, the VY SS is insured for $10500 and the SL/E for $9500.. All up I pay $76 per month, cannot argue with that. Mind you it wouldn't be that cheap if I had a $hit driving record like a lot of the muppets out there... And I've never had an at fault accident.

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
I was with JustCar with the VX. What a ####ing joke that was.

Every year my premium went up on a depreciating asset. No claims etc. Turned 25 thought ohh yeaaaah. Noope. Everytime I rang them "Queensland floods" or "cyclone". Bitch im in Victoria. But, noone else would even look at my car.

I wish Shannons even spoke to me.

On my new car I rang them, got absolutely grilled by them only for them to hang up on me while he was doing something and never rang back.

So im with RACV now. Think its a tad under 1000 a year, thats with the excess bumped up to "Got Lube?" levels. Will have to see how they handle mods.

Just Car insured my old VS Staty, jumped from $1000 to $1500 so i swapped it to GIO, 1 month later someone wiped me out and took the car off the road..

Now i have my 4cyl bitchmobile with GIO for around the $700 mark and the Caprice is with RACV for around the $1200 mark. They have told me that provided any modifications are legal and installed correctly (when i asked exhaust lowered etc. etc. they said all fine as it was replacing existing parts and provided it was not dumped on it's arse and therefore illegally modified then it was ok and covered)
I rang and told asked before doing the mods that i have done now.

Shannons didn't want to talk to me either, must be a Melbourne thing, couldn't even give them my name to check driver history as some claim is the reason, it was "Hi, i want to get a quote" "What year is the car?" "2007" "are you in a car club" "No" "sorry we can't insure you" literally that quick to dismiss me.

I wouldn't go to the got lube level, but i do jack it up a notch or 2.

Finally the person who said use the online calculators, i did that and when i went to buy it got jacked up by $100, i had to call up and talk to them to get it down, what caused it to go up you might ask, i added mine and my wife's NAMES to the quote in order to purchase, i had already listed sex DOB etc. but because i AMENDED the quote prior to purchase it went up!!.. i wish i got $100 everytime i wrote our damn names down..

Insurance is a rort that we must have and they know they have us over a barrel.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Online calculators are more accurate than a forum of randoms...........

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I was with JustCar with the VX. What a ####ing joke that was.

Every year my premium went up on a depreciating asset. No claims etc. Turned 25 thought ohh yeaaaah. Noope. Everytime I rang them "Queensland floods" or "cyclone". Bitch im in Victoria. But, noone else would even look at my car.

I wish Shannons even spoke to me.

On my new car I rang them, got absolutely grilled by them only for them to hang up on me while he was doing something and never rang back.

So im with RACV now. Think its a tad under 1000 a year, thats with the excess bumped up to "Got Lube?" levels. Will have to see how they handle mods.

I asked them about mods, the answer was a resounding no, they didn't even ask what mods, even if I changed the wheels they said no. And a stock V8 they won't even touch unless you are thirty. It bugs me somewhat, yes I'm 23, but I've been driving alone for nearly 6 years, probably done more KM's then some people with triple that (About 150,000KM, plus another 30,000 in work cars), I've had one fine for 7km over and never made a claim, yet they still want me to bend over.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
A better idea than a car forum would be to go on individual insurers websites and do an online quote. You can't really compare what everyone else is paying since everyone has different circumstances (ages, post code, driving history etc etc).

Hey peps and pepettes...this is just an old mans waffle on ...but I seem to remember some insurance companies giving discounts to car club members ..Now I know this is a forum group but what if at some stage it became a club..could we then not apply for a customized rate....as I said just waffling on