Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Clusters

lochlanwall210

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I was wondering, to avoid needing to reprogram a second hand cluster to show the correct information, could you just switch over the faces and re calibrate the needles? Or possibly switch out the electronics so the information stays the same but has the new face? I’ve got a stock dash cluster out of a VZ and think it’s ugly and would love to switch it to one from the sv6. Anything helps. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_8267.png
    IMG_8267.png
    311.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8282.jpeg
    IMG_8282.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Aside of the SV6 cluster being equally ugly, yes you can do as planned, provided it’s with the two examples shown. Get photos and measurements where possible of the needle positions. Use a lot of care doing this. They are sensitive gauges.

I’d personally be going to the effort of getting a Berlina, Calais or Caprice cluster set up for your car though. Way nicer clusters.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Oh. Also take photos of the kms before hand (just incase) with something in the picture that marks the date, such as a news paper or the days news on another phone. (Just in case)

Reactions: Lex