Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing full xforce require tune?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
A cheap option (we are speaking Xforce) is to just add to and/or replace the mufflers they use

A guy at work got a VE SS with a full Xforce exhaust, it sounded loud and tinny and the drone was insane

He got the local exhaust shop to weld in different mufflers

Car sounded 100% better, it is still loud, but good loud, and didn't cost him that much IIRC

Sound is relative though, some people like the noise Xforce makes, not me though.
Mine isn’t actually overly loud (my opinion) in fact it could be louder it just seems like droney sorta noise with not much of a v8 note to it, I have been told by various different people they like the sound of my ve but it doesn’t do it for me personally

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
i went from duel 2.5" to duel 3" and i lost a little down low and had to add some fuel up top (boosted tho) u will prob get the same affect but may not be as much, all depends how last tuner done it also, if u can monitor 02's under WOT before and after make sure they stay the same mv reading should be above 800mv should still be safe
The tuner /shop who done the tune is 5 hours away, my concern is the car runs like dog balls if i change over till get it re tuned.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I would think you would be safe, but yeah you will definitely have a much more pleasing noise to listen too with the x force in the rubbish pile!!!
Yer the racket the xforce system makes on cold start up is tbh embarrasing,

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
The tuner /shop who done the tune is 5 hours away, my concern is the car runs like dog balls if i change over till get it re tuned.
should run ok just keep it under 4k if u can't check the 02's

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Got it 2nd hand at good price, brand new no way
Fair enough mate same with mine, my old vx ss also had an x force system (dual 3 inch stainless 1 7/8 headers no cats) and it actually sounded a lot better on that car than the ve system does

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah true have noticed ve-vf don't really sound as good as the earlier models with similar exhaust,tune/otr etc.

Must be the stock baby cam in the bigger motors killing the sound.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Yeah true have noticed ve-vf don't really sound as good as the earlier models with similar exhaust,tune/otr etc.

Must be the stock baby cam in the bigger motors killing the sound.
Different body shape/chassis so different exhaust system too

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
my first cheap exhaust drone was very annoying to the point i put stock rear mufflers back on but that bad note almost halved just from when i changed the clutch to a lighter aftermarket one, so even small loads have big affects on the note for each vehicle

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Ok update, had the xforce taken off and the difillipo system installed yesterday, was alittle nervous of how it would end up
First thing the shop said was when go to pick up car '' car sounds amazing and it drives very nice''
Ok nice, drive it home, feels a lot nicer and sound wise than xforce

Good results