Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap cheap effective mods for ecotec???

CAFA_TF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS v6 3.8, 76 LX and VT SS gen3
ha i dont think there will ever be anouther engine with such comparitive fuel econ to horsepower that will be so easy to work on everything from water pump rockercovers HEADS for that matereverything so simple and easy to access

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
what about a crs blower. they are $2000 give about 3psi with the cluch so you can turn it on or off and 6psi with out it. and can be put on the car by your self in about 8hrs or something like that

http://www.rodshop.com.au/superchargerholdv6.htm

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
well personally i think the crs blower is great for what it is and what ppl are doin with them, i just wouldn't put one on my VT, this is my good car. everything is gonna be done properly, i've spent so much on previous cars and dodged them up by doing stuff myself or dodgy components. so if i were to go a blower it would be from capa. higher quality stuff, the 1GGZE sc14 blower is a second hand unit. good for playin with, not if you want a decent car, just my opinion. (not to be confused with the start of an arguement of, the crs is the best blower).

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
fair call, i was just sujesting a mod that fell with in the price range of the budget, that gives noticable power. i never said it was the best blower in the world, just that it is cheapish and that it runs at low boost so should be alright on a stock engine. there is a limit of hp avalible on every part of the engine and thats the same with the crs it can only push out so much before it shits it self so if you just want a bit of fun then the crs my be a goer but if you are after serious power then you wouldnt look twice at a crs kit.

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Hey did any of you know that the VX N/A ECOTEC is rated at 152kw???

naf naf

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX calais commodore
VLT6 are a wannabe rice boys dream car.. they dont match up to a nice ecotec... and the only thing a VL driver floggs is his long tom..

that is true and if u put a supercharger on an ecotec it would flog a VL.
if u if u want a car with a nissan engine in it buy a skyline