Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap Random Mods :)

vn calais skyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
te gemini & vs calais
seein its a vt commodore, mate get a set of camira springs, drop it on its guts, find sum new struts frm the wreckrs round 80bucks = slamed vt commo, then save another 50bucks and look on ebay for sum sstockies, ask mum for 5buks nd get a can of silver spray paint & vaso to put on your tyres (to mask them up so to speak, cheaper then tape and paper ;) and slapt them on, sell your commo wheels on it atm, nd buy a can of nite shades from autobarn and tint your back light, not your indictor resevse lights etc and youd have a nice looking car!

oh and painting interior plastics, dont get to carried away youll only wreck the interior, my opion, leave the plasicts maybe the centre dash one in a vt painted body color and leave the rest

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
Lol well can we forget about the $50 lol just make it DIY :p
And it is a Red Vt Commodore mate haha,
I got home from school and striped the inside of plastics, if you know what im talking bout when i say the creamy plastics around the roof lining and down to were the seat belts come out, i under coated them tonight and will be painting them Matt black tomorrow night and when the plastics are done i am re-lining the roof with a dark grey or black fabric.
andi was told i should change the parker globes .. should i go red maybe? seeing though its a red car :p

Can ya upload the pics when this is done! im thinking about doing it. and go black with the roof lining. i did and it looks sweet

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Yeah mate no worries. should have the roof finished and everything back together at the end of the week.
yeah im gonna go black or a dark grey. You got any pics of yours?
cheers mate

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
go to supercheap and buy a $20 fluro light and wire it into your boot light, then unplug your boot light..

when you open your boot at night it looks like its still daytime in there..

best 20 bux i ever spent.

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
i have sorta done the same thing but i used to 200mm long Red neons :p

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
1) cheapest set of spot/fog lights from supercheap, and hook them up to a relay. The lights are wired directly to the battery through a fuse and the relay goes to the high-beam of your headlights. When you switch to high-beam the spotties come on too but don't blow the circuit because they have their own. A relay effectively acts as a switch for one circuit when another circuit is activated. If you really want you can put a switch in the cabin for the spotties so you can decide whether they come on or not with high-beam. Probably $60-70 all up. Might need some fixings hardware from Bunnings to mount them somewhere (like behind the grille) approx $20?

2) replace the stock head unit with even a cheap $120 name-brand if you haven't doneso already. Sounds so much better, and make sure to pick up the Holden to whatever brand it is wiring harness so you don't have to worry about stripping wires. All up probably $150.

Would also like to see the photos of your interior painting :)

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
Yeah mate no worries. should have the roof finished and everything back together at the end of the week.
yeah im gonna go black or a dark grey. You got any pics of yours?
cheers mate

92881d1273464894-my-first-vt-img_6109.jpg

Theres a pic but its not much good. trust me it looks sweet

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Nah man looks pretty sweet in the pic too :)
Cant wait i am painting the plastic which you can see on the left, i will be finished the painting tomorrow then friday i will be doing the roof :)
cant wait Really looks good man.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
i have done the same as barra218 but with a cream leather not the funnest job or the cheapest but is alot better then the stock colour...best advice is to use a decent spray adhesive as one half of mine is gud (dearer adhesive) and the front half is starting to buble already after 6months (cheap adhesive)

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
ah yeah so what brand do you recomend me? lol