Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chime

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
I would be worring that it could affect the srs system deployment.

For me, the noise was totaly forgotten about after a few months.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The seatbelt chime can also be disabled in programming (Via Tech2 and such) for Series II Clusters. (The seatbelt unbuckled warning light will stick work, but the chime for this is totally disabled)

Where disabling the seatbelt wiring connector can cause issues is if you have an accident, you were not wearing your seat belt, and your car is inspected and deemed un-roadworthy.
(Your greenslip may no longer cover you for any injuries or medical costs)....

Granted that's worse case scenario, but I am sure everyone here wears their seatbelt, so its a mute point.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Removing or disabling factory installed safety features is illegal and makes your car un-roadworthy. You would want to hope you don't get picked up for this if you get pulled over.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
disabling the seatbelt wiring connector can cause issues is if you have an accident, you were not wearing your seat belt, and your car is inspected and deemed un-roadworthy.

I've gotta say that really is a long shot. If they were going to go to that level of detail, they could also check your cluster programming and find out it was disabled.

Removing or disabling factory installed safety features is illegal and makes your car un-roadworthy. You would want to hope you don't get picked up for this if you get pulled over.

Do you know benboy?? :hmmm:

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
no more chime

thanks for all the info,it is the seatbelt chime,have to put the seatbelt on before turning car on and no chime f''''''king great, once again thanks. cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
So it's a hassle to comply with the law?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I think seatbelt warning chime & lights has more to do with the ANCAP rating than ADR:

Holden fitted the seatbelt warning lights to the base Omega sedan and conducted a pole test in December 2008 in order to lift its ‘Commodore’ rating from four stars to five and stem the marketing advantage its archrival Ford Australia had with the five-star FG Falcon.
Full Article

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I think seatbelt warning chime & lights has more to do with the ANCAP rating than ADR

Correct. But it's ridiculous to thing you go from 4 star safety to 5 star safety simply by having a seatbelt chime!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
slide the driver seat forward and u will see the plug. its just a 2 pin one. this disables the seat belt chime.

HAAAAAAAA!!! are you fkn serious?? thats the seat belt buckle sensor. it tells the SRS system that the buckle is in use and arms it. without that plug your SRS system is TOTALLY DISABLED. they do this so that if youre not wearing a belt, you wont get your head cut off by the edge of the airbag as it opens.

its not only illegal, its a really fkn stupid thing to do.

bush hacks unplugging **** they totally dont understand. i love JC.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
That being illegal is the least of your worries. If you don't like the seatbelt chime WEAR A SEATBELT. Or you can get it disabled via tech2 which is cheap and has the added bonus of not being illegal/stupid.