Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chips...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
hey guys

im not trying to knock Doctor Bob or anything, but im just wondering if anyone has any experience with his chips, or would i be better off going to PowerChip or someone like that?

No offence Dr Bob, just trying to get the best out of my pennies...

cheers

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
From what I have read on this forum, he knows what he is doing.
Not only that, he doesn't charge no where near as much as Powerchip. Their pricing is way over the top I think.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
no offence taken, if you want to spend that much money i can charge you the same.lol

Rob

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
stylen said:
hey guys

im not trying to knock Doctor Bob or anything, but im just wondering if anyone has any experience with his chips, or would i be better off going to PowerChip or someone like that?

No offence Dr Bob, just trying to get the best out of my pennies...

cheers

My girlfriend gets the best out of my pennies..

J

jc58nc

A short while ago I was in to modifying N13 Pulsars and their memcals.
I borrowed a Powerchip 98 for the N13s and compared it to the factory bins to see which one they started with. I was shocked to find that not only it was a very old version, but one that didn't use an oxy sensor as the N13s had and there was 40 ignition table changes and nothing else.
So I'd like a job like that $10 a keystroke = $400 a chip, so how many have they sold and how many people have they ripped off!

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
jc58nc said:
A short while ago I was in to modifying N13 Pulsars and their memcals.
I borrowed a Powerchip 98 for the N13s and compared it to the factory bins to see which one they started with. I was shocked to find that not only it was a very old version, but one that didn't use an oxy sensor as the N13s had and there was 40 ignition table changes and nothing else.
So I'd like a job like that $10 a keystroke = $400 a chip, so how many have they sold and how many people have they ripped off!

you have to realise its not just the time involved in altering the calibration, you have to allow for the development time involved as well

i charge $500 for a mail order tune for an ls1, it takes about 2 minutes to actually program the PCM, but there are many hours invested in developing the calibrations

Rob

J

Johnny_H

Doc Bob

I'm a newie....Just wondering how much for a mod chip. VT series 1. V6 Auto. Please let me know thatnx dude.

Johnny

maxbow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Help me Dr Bob

Hi there, I bought one of those blackstar chips on e-bay, based on feedback percentages. I have now discovered you on this forum. I do not think that his chip has done much! Now I see that your price on E-Bay has increased by $60.
I have a standard and a blackstar chip. Would you do a deal on both for one of yours? Any way, I screwed up:b: :b: .If you can help or have suggestions, please PM me. Thanks Max. By the way Bob I tried to send info via your website but it does not appear to work properly. Taa.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
yep max i have had to fix a couple of his chips now, try the webform now i have fixed it up i think?

Rob

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I am told that the VX series does not provide for chip enhancements. Mainly because they opted for some chip-less module. Is that true?

I was hoping that one day I could get something done to it but that ain't looking too promising at the moment!

My car is a V6 Ecotec (non-supercharged)

Status
Not open for further replies.