Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chris's VS Project (Huge Pics!)

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
i was considering getting HSV/HRT badges off ebay for the front and rear of the car, my dad got some for his VN SS and they look realy good, i just wanna look like im trying to pretend i have a HSV.

the rear spoiler im still a bit iffy about, id like to try something like a low adjustable T wing or maybe a VS GTS wing, still not sure yet

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Update...

Got some Blue LED lights for my parkers and threw a bit of black paint on the kit to see what it could look like when i do the proper paint job this weekend, not sure if black is the colour for me, may try a red or a silver.

Feedback appreciated

DSC_0310.JPG

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0314.JPG

DSC_0323.JPG

Also threw a bit of paint on the engine bay see what it looks like just to get some ideas for when i do it all properly

DSC_0299.JPG

Muzz-VS

careful im very fast =]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato 5L
Hey nice work with ya car its lookig good, u just need to slam that ass on the ground =]

i slammed mine afair bit even though u lose a bit of comfort its worth it!
Check my thread out its called my VS s, it would be much appreciated.
nd i wanna get ideas on wat to do next so if you could give sum options that would be great!!!

Cheers

Muzz-VS

careful im very fast =]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato 5L
Hey me again =D i got those altezza lights too but the black onesnd i know what u mean about the reverse lights there bloody good haha, just had a Question, well u see i have taken those side strips off to nd i have the same problem that u had nd thats the gunk that was holding thsoe strips on nd i was just wondering how much that caremal wheel thing is nd where u get it from??? could u send a msg to my profile with details please. cheers

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Update

things done since last update

New exhaust tip
white door handles
white mirrors
driving lights in front bar

heres my car at sundays street commodores charity cruise in QLD

IMGP0367.JPG

IMGP0463.JPG

IMGP0464.JPG

IMGP0465.JPG

IMGP0466.JPG

IMGP0366.JPG

if anyone is interested in other pics i took at the cruise you can find them here Picasa Web Albums - chris - Charity Cruis...

Dodgy_Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
'93 VR Executive
You got yourself a bargain with that kit. A bit of old meets new, It's looking pretty good, I Kinda like the wing, It finishes the rest of the kit off and Suprisingly the rims work well with it too. The minor touch's like painting the rear garnish and mirrors really make all the difference. Nice job.

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
You got yourself a bargain with that kit. A bit of old meets new, It's looking pretty good, I Kinda like the wing, It finishes the rest of the kit off and Suprisingly the rims work well with it too. The minor touch's like painting the rear garnish and mirrors really make all the difference. Nice job.

Thanks for the comment, ive put alot of hours into the finer details like mirros and handles and just little bits here and there, its far from finished but its well on its way considering it was near stock 6 months ago.

the best thing about it is ive done all the work myself, i had a bit of help painting my original kit but as it stands now ive done everything except fitting the exhaust and getting the heads shaved.

i love my car so much every time i get out of it and walk away i turn around and admire the work ive put into it.

98VS5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-pak Ute 5L
Hey dude car is coming along well, how good does the front look with the old man emu springs out! Look forward to seeing it with the kit painted but I hope you decide to ditch the aerofoil, she ain't a fighter jet. Speaking of painting the kit you should think about pulling the doorhandles out and giving them a couple of coats while you're there..

OOPS^^^ serves me right for not realising I was reading page 1 when I posted!!!

Last edited:

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Excluding the tails, love the car. I'm going to agree with the idea of tinting your stockies... or get some calais/berlina ones with the clear indicators, then tint it. Supercheap sells a product called "Niteshades".. google it, there's tutorials everywhere. Apparently to get the best result you have to sand them to remove the shine, spray on a few coats, and then spray on some clear coat.
Love the rear wing... I'm trying to figure out what it's from. Obvioulsy not a VS clubby, they have a center brace.. And i could swear it isn't a VS SS bar, i didn't think they were curved. Am i right or is my perception whacked? Man you were lucky getting that kind of deal for a kit.. I'd kill for one.
On the back bar, why did you paint a horizontal strip across the whole bar black... and not that 'archway' (best name i could think of) that's trying to look like racing fins? Personal opinion, that bit black too would look better.
Another thing, doesn't appear you've gotten to it yet.. or perhaps its intentional. The mesh in the front bar, how about that in black? You seem to like your blue LEDS, stick a few of those in there for show.
I saw you say you were a network administrator... so am i, but i'm driving a stock vs exec at the moment sadly.
Keep up the good work, it's looking sweet.

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
im not 100% sure what the rear wing is from, its an aftermarket knock off but i have a feeling its a replica of a VT something, im yet to find one exactly the same as it so its possible its just a random thing they made.

as for the black strip on the back bar thats just for testing, im not sure what colour im doing any of the highlights yet so i just ot some cans of black and taped it up and sprayed it, i kinda like it but i kinda dont. atm im think just black on the centre of the front bar and that arch on the rear bar and no black on the side skirtts.

unfortunatly ive just moved house and all my modding will have to stop for a few months :( shame cause i was just about to start putting some money into the engine.