Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore VX - Front Struts

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
My VX II Equipe has done 276,000 klm and I think the front struts are just about gone.

I have to bounce the front suspension quiet a few times before shock inserts start working. Once I do this they seem to be OK after that.

I have Pedders Comfort Ride struts and these are no longer available. Pedders want $950 to supply and fit equivalent struts and replace the rear two shocks as well.

Just looking on ebay, "Suzuki Super" and Webco strut assemblies are listed at a fraction of what Pedders want.

The Suzuki look the better units of these two as "Webco" has had recalls in recent times.

I have not yet checked what Holden genuine units are worth.

Has any Forum member had any experience fitting either of these brands or any other brand of after market front strut assemblies ( and rears ) to a standard VX II Commodore ?

I would appreciate any informed comment.
Its a bolt in bolt out changeout. Standard or fe2 can be purchased direct still. The pedders quote would not include strut tops or bump stops or strut boots. These are not cheap. Monroe is a direct replacement also. You need to firstly consider what driving you will do in the future. If you are going to toe for example. For a standard changeout a monroe sensortrac or gt gas should be sweet. Whatever you decide on get four of the same. Builstein also are a good option.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Bilstien are good but quite expensive plus you need to mod the collar for them, stick with the munro's, kyb, or genuine

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I vote KYB.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I would use Boge again if they were still around.