Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conclusive answers about VZ clusters

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Ive done exactly that, mine was a Series II VY SS cluster (looks exactly the same as yours there) into a VZ Acclaim which is essentially exec with more safety features.

Doesnt matter how many airbags a car has, if you change the cluster you need to change certain config paramters. The diff ratio for one.

Replacement of BCM and stuff is total BS, either someone who doesnt know what their on about or someone who wants your money for nothing.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Ive done exactly that, mine was a Series II VY SS cluster (looks exactly the same as yours there) into a VZ Acclaim which is essentially exec with more safety features.

Doesnt matter how many airbags a car has, if you change the cluster you need to change certain config paramters. The diff ratio for one.

Replacement of BCM and stuff is total BS, either someone who doesnt know what their on about or someone who wants your money for nothing.
lol thanxs man holden are full of BS but just wanted to ask the question, thanxs for the input scott

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Well i got a berlina one off them a few months ago, so it could well be the same one. I traded some stuff in for it though.

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Anyone know of anywhere that does reprogramming in SA, or is there anyone that can do it at home.

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
for say a VZ SS or HSV cluster to go in a VZ acclaim

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
needs tech2 reprogram for airbags. Holden dealers or just commodore spares will be able to help you

Salman786

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 LS
hi, i have a lumina LS as they call it in middleeast. its giving message 115000 km service reminder, i tried to reset as told in this forum by up and down arrows and then mode key. but it says" awaiting confirmation"
can someone guide me how to remove this reminder, i have already changed plugs , engine oil, gear oil, difference and all.