Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Corey's VX Clubsport R8. Manual, coulsons, sunroof, 20's

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
Came back from my holiday with a little more cash than I planned so a 232/234 cam is next on the list. Hopefully within the next couple weeks. Here's a recent shot of it. And one with a couple of my mates cars. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363597175.228152.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363597206.783259.jpg

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Sh*****************************t.... Man!!

I am impressed. So so SOOOO much progress in such a short period of time, going in for a cam today? That's awesome man, can't say i have ever come home from a holiday with more then expected :p Wish i did.. It looks unreal man, nice touch with the rims.. And its a nice height too...! Cannot wait to see the power figures of the cam upgrade, the tune was bloody decent as is.. pullin' 340rwhp on a tune is awesome..! I understand its a manual so you don't lose as much through the box but still.. Impressed man..

So.. New clutch on the way then...? Sure you wont be able to stop smashing gears hard when you got the cam in.. Would be to hard to just baby it around for a while.. I'm still waiting to put mine in for the tune, 23rd of April, counting down... :D I was originally just putting it off to get the cam and tune instead of needing to re-tune after (essentially negating the original $1k i put down on the first tune) but I have come to the realisation I may need a house soon.. So i should just suck it up, get an otr and tune, then home loan..

Gotta be done i guess aye..? Haha

I'm hoping *fingers crossed* that i can get to the 320rwhp mark, its still running the stock cats, so they'd be restrictive, but its not to loud atm, and its my daily driver, so it sorta goes under the radar a little, which is what i need on some days.. When my foot gets heavy :p

Also love the leather coulsens man... Looks mint, and the cup holder, I think i want one pretty bad, previous owner must have had the car broken into, because my HSV holder kit was ripped out, an i can see the cords bellow. so may even need a whole new center piece not just the cupholder. But i guess we will see...

Anyhow man, I'm gunna stop rambling, this is your thread afterall..! Haha looks mint man.. Pure sex, love the VX Clubbys so much.. Great choice!!

Will no doubt reply soon with how awesome your Dyno graph looks and commenting on the new exhaust note after you upload a vid ;)

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
Haha cheers man :) the cam goes in on April 3 which couldn't come soon enough! I'm excited to see what it makes. Either way the dyno results can vary heaps from place to place so i plan to run it down the strip for shits and giggles in a few months.
The clutch I have is heavy duty but according to my receipts it's about 4-5 years old so I'm sure it'll give up in the not so distant future. Lucky I have access to hoists I can whack a new one in myself when it happens haha.
I was originally just gonna leave the cam in favour of a house deposit too but now I figure ill just do it and worry about the house later haha. After all I won't have the money to do much to the car afterwards. Cheers for the comments mate! Will be sure to update after Easter with power figures and maybe a sneaky video of the idle :)

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
That looks bloody mint, usually im not a huge fan on the vt/vx series but THAT does look really nice. good work mate. only 2 days more to wait!

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
Haha yep, dropping her off at 7am tomorrow morning. Excited to say the least.
We have a street meet in a month or so down at adelaide international raceway so I may give it a run down the strip also :)
will post up the results of the cam and new tune when I get the car back, cheers for the comments guys!