Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creole Creme, Are You Offended?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
oh noes those damn racists first coon cheese now mainland just brought out a new product:
img_products_cCuts_tasty.gif

Cracker Cuts- insulting white folk and emo kids simultaneously! :upyours:

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
That was a PROPOSED bill. It was shutdown in flames. A similar bill was also proposed in the late 40s I believe.

We do not have any such bill of rights, we do not have the freedom of speech.

Here is the history of the Bill of Rights Australia: The Bill of Rights debate in Australian political culture - [2003] AJHR 7[/quote]

Cheers, I stand corrected.

Having said that:

There isn’t an Australian Bill of Rights but the federal government is currently considering a report by the National Human Rights Consultation Committee on the issue. You can find out more about this here: http://acthra.anu.edu.au/news/federal.htm

The ACT and Victoria have enacted human rights legislation (the ACT Human Rights Act 2004 and the Victorian Charter of Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006, respectively) – information about these can be accessed through this website: http://acthra.anu.edu.au/

Last edited:

Statesmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
Gee...
Just read all the thread, some really funny stuff, all true; :beer chug:
some not so funny.
I am just your average white skip, and I teach at a school in Melb. suburbs that is only
open due to it demanding the right to exist in the High Court, after being closed by the Kennett government, and winning.
It is regarded as an Aboriginal school, but by their choice, all Australians are welcome.
Maybe it is wrong in some eyes to have a school that identifies and promotes culture, but surely the only way to end the appalling plight of drug taking and public drunkenness, is education of the new generation and returned respect of culture.
For some of these kids, "U.S Gangster Rappers" are their only mentors/ roll models ???;
thankfully there are Koorie AFL footballers.

What is harder to change is an ingrained attitude that is perpetuated by an ignorance of it's effect.

Funny the hypocrisy surrounding drug of choice. If I sniffed amyl nitrate, petrol, or cocaine, would I rate higher on the scale of deserved ridicule or contempt? Somehow acceptability relates to the cost/affordability factor. Surely they all just kill you slowly?
The real question is why are they killing themselves ?"

The fact that someone is pissed in public and causing a disturbance is not race specific, but is somewhat endemic in our Nation's culture, I think it is just more prevalent and violent these days. Years ago, they all seemed to be raceless, and we called them "wino's" (very non-PC).

Back on topic... the friends at work that I have asked about these "racist issues" think that it's the intent that matters, and it's really generalizations that suck. The truth is the truth.
Sometimes the worst thing is reverse racism; if someone is pissed in the street, DO lock them up, just ensure the don't get "hanged"!

If I respectfully use the term "blackfella's" and not "Indigenous Australians" while speaking to an Aboriginal I know personally, they would not take offense. Intent is everything...
As for Kids being able to call someone "cracker or gubba" or intimate that an action of mine is due to being a racist or similar, I give them hell and let them know what people did have to put up with, and not to try to "pull out" the racist card just because they don't like something.

And as for being a Nazi, you must first embrace fascism. That is to say, gain power, have an opinion, announce it as fact, denounce and punish others with opposing views.
:banstick:

To those who read this screed, sorry to rant, to those who didn't, information probably wouldn't change your opinion anyway. :blah blah:

`redoctober

All show, baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais - Senator Replica
Gee...
Just read all the thread, some really funny stuff, all true; :beer chug:
some not so funny.
I am just your average white skip, and I teach at a school in Melb. suburbs that is only
open due to it demanding the right to exist in the High Court, after being closed by the Kennett government, and winning.
It is regarded as an Aboriginal school, but by their choice, all Australians are welcome.
Maybe it is wrong in some eyes to have a school that identifies and promotes culture, but surely the only way to end the appalling plight of drug taking and public drunkenness, is education of the new generation and returned respect of culture.
For some of these kids, "U.S Gangster Rappers" are their only mentors/ roll models ???;
thankfully there are Koorie AFL footballers.

What is harder to change is an ingrained attitude that is perpetuated by an ignorance of it's effect.

Funny the hypocrisy surrounding drug of choice. If I sniffed amyl nitrate, petrol, or cocaine, would I rate higher on the scale of deserved ridicule or contempt? Somehow acceptability relates to the cost/affordability factor. Surely they all just kill you slowly?
The real question is why are they killing themselves ?"

The fact that someone is pissed in public and causing a disturbance is not race specific, but is somewhat endemic in our Nation's culture, I think it is just more prevalent and violent these days. Years ago, they all seemed to be raceless, and we called them "wino's" (very non-PC).

Back on topic... the friends at work that I have asked about these "racist issues" think that it's the intent that matters, and it's really generalizations that suck. The truth is the truth.
Sometimes the worst thing is reverse racism; if someone is pissed in the street, DO lock them up, just ensure the don't get "hanged"!

If I respectfully use the term "blackfella's" and not "Indigenous Australians" while speaking to an Aboriginal I know personally, they would not take offense. Intent is everything...
As for Kids being able to call someone "cracker or gubba" or intimate that an action of mine is due to being a racist or similar, I give them hell and let them know what people did have to put up with, and not to try to "pull out" the racist card just because they don't like something.

And as for being a Nazi, you must first embrace fascism. That is to say, gain power, have an opinion, announce it as fact, denounce and punish others with opposing views.
:banstick:

To those who read this screed, sorry to rant, to those who didn't, information probably wouldn't change your opinion anyway. :blah blah:

Best post in this thread mate, very well said :)

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
oh noes those damn racists first coon cheese now mainland just brought out a new product:
img_products_cCuts_tasty.gif

Cracker Cuts- insulting white folk and emo kids simultaneously! :upyours:

Best thing about emos though is they'll go hide in a corner and cry rather than hit back at us...

Sorry guys, but I'm against the whole 'rainbow' sheep idea as well. That's discriminating against non-gays! lol

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Acclaim
So I think its safe to say that NO ONE is offended by creole cream?

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Apparently you're racist if you're not offended. Apparently.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I've skipped 5 pages of reading...

I think that people forget that there is a big difference between calling a sheep black or even doing a Michael Richards and having a nazi get together every weekend to yell at the jews. <-- One of those things is racist.