Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creole Creme, Are You Offended?

`redoctober

All show, baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais - Senator Replica
At least most of us are old fashioned and will tell someone to politely get f#*$@d if they make accusations of racism.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Same as some clubs in the city have like... Asian night.

Me and a couple mates got knocked back from i think it was 'Next' for not being asian?

Can you imagine the fieldday ACA and TT would have if a club knocked back a group because of their ethnicity?

Wouldn't hear the end of it!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
get a mate to pull out their phone and record it on camera, the bouncer rejecting you and their reason why. had a similar experience years ago. couldnt get in due to being male. wasnt sure if there was something that could be done about it or not

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
lol, whoever said earlier about this being good entertainment was right. Whilst I'm probably the most non-prejudicial person I know, I'm far from anti rascist. I disagree with a LOT of what gets said, but **** it. It's just personal opinion....thats all it and it will continue to make people argue in circles for years to come. So minux thinks most aboriginals sniff petrol....big deal. Who cares? I don't, although it's always fun to give the pot a bit of a stir.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

Me and a couple mates got knocked back from i think it was 'Next' for not being asian?

Can you imagine the fieldday ACA and TT would have if a club knocked back a group because of their ethnicity?

If that was me i would just say 'ow sowwy, me no speaka engrish' and just try to walk in. :)

mz81vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec.
Wow. Some uneducated and ignorant comments up in this thread. And not even regarding the OP. Just wow. I have no words for that.

Wonder if i started generalisations about white people would it be ok. But i won't lower myself to that level.

:)

As for the OP, i'm not sure why the word Creole is supposed to be offensive? It seems a bit silly.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Wow. Some uneducated and ignorant comments up in this thread. And not even regarding the OP. Just wow. I have no words for that.

Wonder if i started generalisations about white people would it be ok. But i won't lower myself to that level.

Of course it would be ok to make generalisations about white people :blah blah: Happens every damn day but u don't hear about it in the news and we all know why..... because only white people can be racist apparently :rant:

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Australia does not actually have a "Bill of Rights" so we don't actually have specifically the "Freedm of Speech".

Maybe it does.

A BILL

FOR

An Act relating to the human rights and fundamental freedoms
of all Australians and all people in Australia

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen, and the Senate, and the House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Australia, as follows:
PART I—PRELIMINARY

Short title

1. This Act may be cited as the Australian Bill of Rights Act 1985.

Commencement

2. (1) Sections 1, 2, 3 and 50 shall come into operation on the day on which this Act receives the Royal Assent.
(2) The remaining sections (other than section 11) shall come into operation on a day to be fixed by Proclamation.
(3) Section 11 shall come into operation at the expiration of 5 years after the day fixed for the purposes of sub-section (2) of this section.

Objects

3. The objects of this Act are—
  • (a) to promote universal respect for, and observance of, human rights and fundamental freedoms for all persons without discrimination; (b) to that end, to give effect to certain provisions of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights by enacting an Australian Bill of Rights; (c) to ensure that any person whose rights or freedoms as set out in the Australian Bill of Rights are infringed by or under any law in relation to which that Bill of Rights operates has an effective remedy; and (d) to promote, enhance and secure, as paramount objectives, the freedom and dignity of the human person, equality of opportunity for all persons and full and free participation by all Australians in public affairs and public debate.
Ref: Australian Bill of Rights Bill 1985--As read a third time

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Wait... Next? You went to Next and they had an Asian night? Next? The Heavy Metal bar across the road from Goldfingers or whatever strip club it is?

****, I knew the place went downhill but looks like its worse than I thought. I used to be a promoter there ...

That was a PROPOSED bill. It was shutdown in flames. A similar bill was also proposed in the late 40s I believe.

We do not have any such bill of rights, we do not have the freedom of speech.

Here is the history of the Bill of Rights Australia: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/AJHR/2003/7.html

In October 1985, Bowen introduced the Australian Bill of Rights Bill into Parliament. Like the 1973 Bill, it was based on the ICCPR. It was significantly weaker than the Evans Bill.6 After a lengthy public debate the Government was unable to secure majority support in the Senate, and the Bill was withdrawn on 19 August 1986

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Creole actually means "of mixed European and black descent", compared to "black/white/yellow" which are primarily colours also used to describe various skin colours.

Personally though I don't give a ****, and don't think people should be so precious. I've been putting up with Milky Bars and Water Crackers for years without any bother :p