Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crewman Under-Seat Sub

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
I wouldn't rely on cheap china cameras off eBay if you know I mean.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
any updates on your custom sub box?

Not really man, I got the top mounted but I need the back to be made up and i need to take a little bit off the top with the dremel so the seat sits flat, I'll also need to take off a bit of the bottom of the seat where the old winder handle was for the spare...

Kind of need more time and at the moment I'm not sure on the direction I want to take with the car :/ need to just put in a bit more time and get it done to be honest but I don't want to spend all this time and dollars to move the car on a month later... I should really have it done by now... might get some done next weekend if I can get motorvated :)

I wouldn't rely on cheap china cameras off eBay if you know I mean.

Yeah I wouldn't either, I just think that any camera is going to be more reliable at showing you what's going on and also be a LOT cleaner looking than a lot of holes in a bumper.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
move the car on? are you thinking of getting something else?

will you be attending this weekend's cruise?

and seconded about chinese reversing cameras, I don't trust anything from china that can be bought on ebay.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
move the car on? are you thinking of getting something else?

will you be attending this weekend's cruise?

and seconded about chinese reversing cameras, I don't trust anything from china that can be bought on ebay.

Considering a few different options at the moment, some patrols and also been looking at getting a Z series clubby but thats probably not going to be any better than the crewy... I love the Crewman and its ability to skid :p but I'd also love to head bush and just chill... Need a bit more thought to be put into it really... I'll think about it over the next month or so and way up some options...

Should be at the cruze unless something comes up...

Haha fair enough... Just don't think that drilling 4 holes with plugs in them is better than 1 hole for a camera...

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I'll be making it to the freo meeting point and going from there. still undecided about the camera though lol

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
End of the day I struggle to see any difference between 'good' cameras and chinese (they all are) cameras.

cheekycowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 sv8 vy 2005 vz sv6 crewman
hey bro likein what ya doin under under the seat, its a bitch of a place to squeeze a sub into, but worth it once its done.
i've just finished a fiberglass box to replace the backseat in my crewman, 4 12" subs an 4x 6"splits, much more fun than a back seat lol and in that nice lil cabin is a great sound.
previous to this build i had an 8" fusion active sub under the pasenger seat, separate amp under drivers seat running a 12" sub under the drivers side back seat as well as the splits in the front,
would love to see ya finished box once its installed,

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey bro likein what ya doin under under the seat, its a bitch of a place to squeeze a sub into, but worth it once its done.
i've just finished a fiberglass box to replace the backseat in my crewman, 4 12" subs an 4x 6"splits, much more fun than a back seat lol and in that nice lil cabin is a great sound.
previous to this build i had an 8" fusion active sub under the pasenger seat, separate amp under drivers seat running a 12" sub under the drivers side back seat as well as the splits in the front,
would love to see ya finished box once its installed,

Cheers mate, I'm planning on getting back into it soon but the car has only come back a week and a half ago and I've been flat out with work and other things including my other car... Last time I looked at it fitting the Sub will require removal of the holder bracket for the spare tyre winder handle. After that I will need to MDF the rest of the box up and then cut a hole in the top for the sub to drop into... at this stage I'm planning on a 12" but I think it might be stretching things a bit and it might end up with a 10". What gear are you running specifically? ie. part numbers and wattages? and can you chuck up any photos of the install? would be keen to see it :)

Just realised that there has been some updates some time ago with the top being glassed on that I haven't put up pics for, none on my phone either... I'll put some up ASAP for you guys

cheekycowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 sv8 vy 2005 vz sv6 crewman
i had to trim the bottom of the seat plastic, take some foam out and glass over it again to get the 12 in, at the moment ( just finished on sat) im running 4 12" clarion subs, they are quite tidy sounding things only needin 1cu' each an they are 300w rms wired in a serries and parralell circut to give a 4ohm load, they are powered buy an alpine mono block producin 1200w rms at 4 ohm, then in the back box above the subs ( internally seperated box) are 2 pairs of soundstream 6 inch splits running off an alpine 4ch amp (150rms per channel) fusion componients in the back doors and fusion splits up the front in the factory positions, at the mo these are running off the head deck (pretty much cant hear em now) but i have under the pasenger seat a 4ch jvc amp to run them once i get round to running new wires to the factory locations. all running of a sony head deck, it has turned out to be more of a sq build rather than a window smasher, although still very loud, ya cant sit in the car with the volume over 20 (it goes to 52) but it has a nice clear well rounded sound even at high volume

crudeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Crewman - AUT
This is many years on, just wondering if you finished this? I've got a relic crewman which I was squeeze a sub under the back seat. None of the photos are still available, any info you still have on this mod would be awesome!