Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cut off by other driver doing an illegal u turn

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
It could be a week time they send out an assessor. They might just total it and cut you a check?

might?... im in smash repair and i can tell you with %100 confidence its totalled. it will have some major upper skirt damage and those rails will prob be tweaked too. hopefully theyle let you buy it back...

be prepared to wait 4 to 6 weeks for a payout. i waited 4 with allianz, maybe this mob can do it quicker, but ive never dealt with them...

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Sounds like the exact same thing that happened to me. Dude indicated left and pulled over to the side of the road so I proceeded to go past him and lo and behold he decided to do a u turn right across me. Fark I was pissed. Anyways his car was screwed, my old 929 only had a bit of paint missing off my bumper. Ended up telling him don't worry about it.

Hope they sort you soon mate :)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Its totalled, its a VP, any kind of repairs arent worth doing on a purely economic basis. They are going to try and give you book value for the car though I would think, which wont be much. If you tell them about the mods, they may give you extra I guess, but I wonder if that means they will want extra if you want to buy the car back and get the mods back? ;) . Insurance payouts are a lottery in my view, sometimes they can be a windfall, and sometimes just a fall.

I have to say, if impact was 60-70kmh both cars survived very well.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
AAMI took me 7days

That's only because accident was after midnight and they investigate those ones. Otherwise would've been bout 3-4 days

Sent from my HTC Liberty

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
When my car was a total loss, the accident was on Sunday, got inspected on that Thursday, payout the following Thursday into my account.
That was with NRMA, was an easy and hassle free experience.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
When we had the vt covered with racv it took them 3 months to get the other driver to accept fault and then repair the car. It had front bumper, left guard, left front door and bonnet damage from a lady that had a fake license and decided to go straight in a left turning lane at a round about. Could not open the front left door cos it would bind in the guard..

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
yeah they have to go to the same place to inspect his car so hopefully they,ll sort it out while there at it. red book says its worth between 1600 and 2900. hope i get the 2900 but i aint going to hold my breath

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
yeah they have to go to the same place to inspect his car so hopefully they,ll sort it out while there at it. red book says its worth between 1600 and 2900. hope i get the 2900 but i aint going to hold my breath

Was it insured for agreed or market value?