Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dafaq did I just read thread///

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z series Clubsport HRT edition
question, how do you get any grip at all with those mods and 4.11 diff gears? Honestly i have heaps of trouble keeping mine from going sideways with anything over 1/2 throttle in 1st and 2nd. I have 18's with yoko's advan sport 235/40 tyres (came out with pirelli corsas semi-slicks) and the car is stock i think (no extractors or cai) and im trying to find a sloution to get more grip without shelling out big$$ for semi-slicks or changing the original rims.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
question, how do you get any grip at all with those mods and 4.11 diff gears? Honestly i have heaps of trouble keeping mine from going sideways with anything over 1/2 throttle in 1st and 2nd. I have 18's with yoko's advan sport 235/40 tyres (came out with pirelli corsas semi-slicks) and the car is stock i think (no extractors or cai) and im trying to find a sloution to get more grip without shelling out big$$ for semi-slicks or changing the original rims.

Simple, Learn to drive.

P.s- Raf, Car is looking sexual as usual bud

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I usually clay mine with Dodo juice born to be mild, but it's not cheap to use it often.

Occasionally I just do it as I'm shampooing it, Jester I reckon the bar you have could be too hard. You can purchase Soft and Medium ones through CCP. Just depends in what condition your paintwork is in. I reckon a Soft will do you.

Yeah, I think the bar might be a bit hard. It was quite difficult to manipulate.

Not sure how you are having so much issues. The only time I struggle for grip is when its been raining, but its still very manageable. Either easy up on the right foot or, get your suspension checked. If the geometry is really stuffed it should cause it more prone to oversteer.

Simple, Learn to drive.

Cheers mate. It was the way you got yours looking that motivated me. ;)

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Simple, Learn to drive.

thank you for your well planned and thought out conclusive response. Very helpfull.

Hey, you have a bmw too, perhaps we can be bmw buddies and sit around sipping latte's...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
thank you for your well planned and thought out conclusive response. Very helpfull.

Hey, you have a bmw too, perhaps we can be bmw buddies and sit around sipping latte's...

what bmw do you own? maybe we can make it a play date

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
e46 320ci coupe

Sorry for going off topic, OP.

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
the car looks brand new after all that, looks like it was definantly worth the time and effort, very nice

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
looks the goods jester,,, when can I drop my around for that treatment?? :p lol

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Simple, Learn to drive.

Yeh great response.

I had the same issues, maybe look at getting some fatter tyres under there mate. Anything over half throttle brakes traction in these things. great motor the LS2

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Yeh great response.

I had the same issues, maybe look at getting some fatter tyres under there mate. Anything over half throttle brakes traction in these things. great motor the LS2

Used to have a Maloo as a work car, The Ls1/Ls2 is not a OH MY GOD IT HAS SO MUCH POWER type motor.

It really does come down to learning to drive mate.

Cheers
Mat