Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn Trucks

stoged

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Unbelievable, :bang:

I was driving in the middle lane of a three lane road where i was stopped at a set of traffic lights, When a truck decided he would much more enjoy being in my lane rather than his own. As the lights turned green, slowly started taking off (there was a truck in front of me aswell) i looked out my window to see the nose of a HUGE semi-trailor with its indicator flashing less than 50cm away from my face. I tried to change lanes and speed up and beeping my horn, he clipped the back of my car. Spun me 90 degrees.I straightened up and begun to follow him so we could do the normal proceedure and exchange insurance details he speeds off going through 2 red lights almost taking out another innocent ford festiva (would that of really been a shame, why the commodore?) I wasn't keep to chase him. I tried to get number plate, which i was SURE i was correct as i repeated it to myself 1000 times until i found a pen to write it down.

But when i got to the cop shop they couldn't find anything with those plate numbers and theres nothing i can do... This sucks. |

Sorry if my spelling and grammar is horrible im still a little shaken and ****ed off.:wax:

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
bugger mate. Any pics of the damage?

I believe that most truck drivers are drugged up assholes because of their actions. Most shouldn't be on the roads.

stoged

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive

I believe that most truck drivers are drugged up assholes because of their actions. Most shouldn't be on the roads.

Luckily the damage isn't too bad.. just the back right quarter panel banged in and some real nasty deep scractches. i'll get some pics up later.

I got some quotes at about $1200.

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
Thats bs man, feel for ya coz it's almost happened to me soo many times before.

I hate it when truckies drive like they're in a small sedan and use the overtaking lane ect.

Why doesnt Australia make a law that they shoudn't use the overtaking lane on highways etc. They have that law in the UK, why not here?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I was watching a current affair (or today tonight) a little while ago... they were filming in melbournes burnley tunnel i think, talking about accidents in the tunnels, when a truck changed lanes and actually put a mercedes into a spin. Have a look at YouTube - Melbourne Domain Tunnel truck and car crash
Anyway, apparently this happened because trucks have a blind spot near the front of the truck, to the left. If you were on his left side near the front of him, he probably didn't see you. Pitty you didn't get his details, i'd be spewing.

stoged

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
What can ya do but? Truckies get so off on speed bombs the go drive at 150kms on a freeway.. what do you thinks gonna happen?

I'm just glad there wasn't more damage than there is. let alone if i or the truck was moving at a decent pace.

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift

Thats Strange I seem to Think The same About P Platers...

Thats bs man, feel for ya coz it's almost happened to me soo many times before.

I hate it when truckies drive like they're in a small sedan and use the overtaking lane ect.

Why doesnt Australia make a law that they shoudn't use the overtaking lane on highways etc. They have that law in the UK, why not here?

Because They Pay Rego the same as you just they pay a lot more then you...

What can ya do but? Truckies get so off on speed bombs the go drive at 150kms on a freeway.. what do you thinks gonna happen?

Trucks Cant do 150ks even without the Speed Limiter..

All I can see is a lot of opinionated people so far..
You do know that with out trucks none of you would be driving..
haven't heard the saying..
Without trucks Australia Stops..
If you think about it there is nothing in your house that at some time hasn't been in a truck..

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Thats Strange I seem to Think The same About P Platers...

What is it with people and p platers!? They cop so much ****.
When i was on my p's i just couldn't stand the fact than everyone that wasn't a p plater would give you a hard time. I would get honked at and have people flash me with their lights when i would get in front of them, people would look at me and shake their heads when i put my foot down in my 4cyl nissan pulsar that had a pod filter... just because it made a lot of noise didn't mean i was speeding! Now i'm of my p's, i drive a car that makes a lot more noise and is a lot faster, and i don't have any hassles.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
That is shocking mate, its too bad you didnt notice the truck company and ring them up. I cant beleive they cant do anything about it. Two of my best mates are truck drivers and they are the best blokes you can meet, they DO cop allot of slack but there are allot of ****head drivers just like you had experienced mate. I would try and chase it up, I woudnt take that lying down. As for trucks reaching 150km/h....mate thats **** easy for them to do.

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
What is it with people and p platers!? They cop so much ****.
I would get honked at and have people flash me with their lights when i would get in front of them, people would look at me and shake their heads when i put my foot down in my 4cyl nissan pulsar that had a pod filter...

Do I need to tell you..
You just told everyone why..