Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash cluster change over

den001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs3 v8 ute
hi,

i have a 2000 vs 3 v8 ute and would like to change the instrument cluster over as the analouge kms are not clicking over anymore...

my question is, can i change it over to a unit which has the 3 lcd displays on the bottom so i can moniter fuel consumption ect...

amt i have the oem item with the odometer that click over in the middle of the speedo, it has no displays...

is there any tyoe of conversion i can do? if i get the trip computer aswell? is the wiring good for the swapover?

cheers

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
Yep, you can change the cluster for the level 3 one with the 3 LCD displays.

I changed my cluster and got rid of the speed alert part and put the trip computer part in its place on a V6 VS.

There is a good write up here on how to do it.

You need to cut the connector that has around 22 wires leaving about 15cm of wire from the old wiring harness that you get the L3 cluster from, and connect many of these wires to the trip computer part, as well as splicing about 6 or so wires to the other connectors that are standard in your car where the cluster plugs in now.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
missed it by that much lol

Last edited:

den001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs3 v8 ute
legends, thanks.