Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deadlock your car - It could pay off.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yep Mrs & I always dead lock our cars. Since they are on the street 24/7. Funny thing is though that most new cars still dont have a dead lock feature such as the commies, No idea why, saved my brothers VN (even though you had to use the key to dead lock) 3 times. Broken the rear door window, but could not unlock the doors.
Then again i have left my car unlocked several times as i have had my hands full and forgotten to lock the car.
I just press is twice and dead locks :)

But Still with out the key your still not going anywhere to decode the Computer

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Ok I was just thinking through this scenario and I was wondering...

Lets say that you have a vy or vz and you deadlocked your car and walked away. Then 5 mins later you come back to get something out of your boot and you unlock the boot just by pressing the boot button and not the unlock. Then when you go to pick up the thing out of your boot you put your keys down in the boot and then you shut the boot and yell expletives as your realise you locked the keys in the boots. Would the fact that you deadlocked the car mean that a locksmith could no longer unlock your car simply by slipping one of those metal unlocking tools down between the window?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-

Lets say that you have a vy or vz and you deadlocked your car and walked away. Then 5 mins later you come back to get something out of your boot and you unlock the boot just by pressing the boot button and not the unlock. Then when you go to pick up the thing out of your boot you put your keys down in the boot and then you shut the boot and yell expletives as your realise you locked the keys in the boots. Would the fact that you deadlocked the car mean that a locksmith could no longer unlock your car simply by slipping one of those metal unlocking tools down between the window?

Correct Mate, You want to hope you have your spare key at home lol Thats the whole point of the dead lock. Thats why i unlock the car, then open the boot to ensure that dont happen lol

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.

Lucky for me, I have a wagon. No boot button, so if the boot is open, the doors are open :p

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
No deadlock in the VE..... WTF were holden thinking, another reason the VE sux to me.
What is a rolling lock?

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
If only I could deadlock my car with the remote.. ah well.. Good to know about it! :D cheers

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I never dead lock my car the way I see it wears the locks out and makes it easier to jiggle the barrel and open your car and if they do smash a window and open the door the alarm will go off were as if it's dead locked they won't open the door hence the alarm won't go off.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
A rolling lock is when your turn the barrel with out the proper key and it breaks so it's no longer usable to start the ignition and the barrel will just spin, as far as I know.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
yeah thanks for that, i had no idea.

Will have to remember it for when the VN goes back on the road, and try it on the Landcruiser to see if it works :)