Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Did i cop a fine for my stupidity!!!

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
was just coming home from the city and i was stopped at the lights was stationary and to cut a long story short was trying to look for a friend that needed a lift home so i tried to ring them. next thing an undercover van pulls up next to me with 4 cops in it and i get done for being on the Phone i wasnt talking or anything just checking my credit balance as i didnt have enough to call. he took all my rego licence details excuse for being on the fone and wrote it on his little note pad.

my question is will he go back to the station and write me up a ticket,
or is it just a warning? I thought they give on the spot fines?

also how much am i looking at $$$$ and demerit points cheers

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
well we arent that cop so we don't know what he will do, he could of issued an on the spot fine but he could also sort out the paperwork at the station.

RE: points, i have no idea what state you are in so can't say. You full license or P plater

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
As above. If the phone is sitting in the console of your car loose they can book you, let alone just holding it. Having said that, i thought he would have booked you on the spot if he was going to at all.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
If you're in Victoria, you're done, expect a fine.
The fact they were in an undercover van means they cant book you on the road, only Patrol vehicles can book you on the road (at least for Victoria).

He'll most probably go back to the station and get Traffic Enforcement to send you a fine in the mail.

I think Mobile Phones laws are wayyyyyy tooo tough. I mean yeah dont use it, but it has to be in a 'commercial secured hand-free set'.
A good one of those cost like 40 bucks. I've gone through 3 in the last year, they just break after a while.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If you're in Victoria, you're done, expect a fine.
The fact they were in an undercover van means they cant book you on the road, only Patrol vehicles can book you on the road (at least for Victoria).

He'll most probably go back to the station and get Traffic Enforcement to send you a fine in the mail.

I think Mobile Phones laws are wayyyyyy tooo tough. I mean yeah dont use it, but it has to be in a 'commercial secured hand-free set'.
A good one of those cost like 40 bucks. I've gone through 3 in the last year, they just break after a while.

I doubt its just SA but any officer can book you any time, undercover, or even off duty.

They probably just didn't have the fines on them, or they are giving you a warning. Did you explain your story to them? Might not make much difference, but writing your details in a book is common practice. If you passed the attitude test, you'll probably be fine

Last edited:

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
A nice policeman let me off with a warning on Christmas Eve, I bloody picked up my phone, whilst driving & this unmarked VE came from no where & pulled me over.
He ran a few checks & relised I hadn't been booked for a few years,
He said next time pull over & let me off with no fine.

That was the best pressie
No fine & no loss of points especially on the double points week.
Good Bloke..

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
I doubt its just SA but any officer can book you any time, undercover, or even off duty.

They probably just didn't have the fines on them, or they are giving you a warning. Did you explain your story to them? Might not make much difference, but writing your details in a book is common practice. If you passed the attitude test, you'll probably be fine

When I got pulled over by an Emergency Response Van, the policeman told me that he can't fine me because he's not patrol, but I should get rid of my tint otherwise I will get fined if I get pulled over by patrol....so it is a difference.

Guess we have to wait and find out if OP does get something in the mail.
Keep us posted.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
When I got pulled over by an Emergency Response Van, the policeman told me that he can't fine me because he's not patrol, but I should get rid of my tint otherwise I will get fined if I get pulled over by patrol....so it is a difference.

Guess we have to wait and find out if OP does get something in the mail.
Keep us posted.

My information isn't something that a single cop said......

Chances are he couldn't be bothered with the paperwork and just told you that.....