Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Did i cop a fine for my stupidity!!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I doubt its just SA but any officer can book you any time, undercover, or even off duty.

They probably just didn't have the fines on them, or they are giving you a warning. Did you explain your story to them? Might not make much difference, but writing your details in a book is common practice. If you passed the attitude test, you'll probably be fine

A friend of mine is a cop, I don't know if he can fine someone while he's off duty but I do know he often goes door knocking the day after he's been on holidays to issue some fines to sillyness he's seen during his time off

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Anyone here perfected the trick of steering with your knee while you use your hands to unwrap food etc?

I can do burnouts whilst eating a macca's meal. Burger, fries and drink and all ;)

06vzcalais

Reaction score
You can't use a mobile phone when driving. It's a distraction that takes your focus and concentration off the road and your hand(s) off the wheel.

Then why not ban eating, drinking, smoking and trying to find a new CD to play?

All those things take your eyes off the road too. Ever eaten a messy hamburger and dropped a bit of tomato in your lap? You instinctively look down to see where it landed. To smoke you need to get one out of the packet, locate the lighter and ensure the flame is on the tip of the cigarette, so you take your eyes off the road.

Anyone here perfected the trick of steering with your knee while you use your hands to unwrap food etc?

Verry good point. smoking should be banned fullstop driving or no driving but im not gunna hijack this thread kudos to you

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
It's all spec at the moment if you will get a fine, but it may be the case they didn't have the infringement book and then again, they could have been returning from a special operation and don't have time for trivial paperwork, but also can't turn a blind eye to law breakers, because there was more than one of them at the time and they have some ethical standards these days.

Hope you don't get fined though!

SMOTAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
you will get a fine, my sister got pulled over in our driveway because she had just picked up the phone as she was driving into our driveway and she got booked for it, stupid situation really.

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
You can't use a mobile phone when driving. It's a distraction that takes your focus and concentration off the road and your hand(s) off the wheel.

Then why not ban eating, drinking, smoking and trying to find a new CD to play?

All those things take your eyes off the road too. Ever eaten a messy hamburger and dropped a bit of tomato in your lap? You instinctively look down to see where it landed. To smoke you need to get one out of the packet, locate the lighter and ensure the flame is on the tip of the cigarette, so you take your eyes off the road.

i actually got pulled over and told off for drinking out of a bottle of coke while driving cop said it is illegal while driving to consume food or drink. first ive heard of it but funny thing is just before i got pulled over i had lit a smoke and was smoking while he was talking to me but nothing was said about that

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i actually got pulled over and told off for drinking out of a bottle of coke while driving cop said it is illegal while driving to consume food or drink. first ive heard of it but funny thing is just before i got pulled over i had lit a smoke and was smoking while he was talking to me but nothing was said about that

Its always been illegal to not be in control of your car. Did you even go for your license, or do you have a weetbix box license?

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i almost got hit yesterday by a p-plater texting on his phone. it's like an epidemic of p-platers who get their license and decide that they are better drivers than everyone else so the rules shouldn't apply to them.

texting or any kind of mobile phone use while you're driving is idiotic - the fines should be triple what they are.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i almost got hit yesterday by a p-plater texting on his phone. it's like an epidemic of p-platers who get their license and decide that they are better drivers than everyone else so the rules shouldn't apply to them.

texting or any kind of mobile phone use while you're driving is idiotic - the fines should be triple what they are.

There are more full licensed drivers who break the law....just for your info ;)