Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff gears

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
My brother informed me, that if I were to change diff gears, It would still shift fine, Because the speedo is still reading say 83KPH when shifting into second, when in actual fact you may only be doing 76KPH. But when the car is tuned, shift points would be changed anyways.

If you get what I mean lol.

mike249cc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
well the cars is on the redline wont rev any harder in first gear in paddles at 83 kmh. if i change my differ gears and that reduces my top speed in first to 70 kmh it will never reach 83 hence in normal auto mode may not actually change? or would computer read that it has revved out and change it?

hootski7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
has anybody here put 3.7's in a 190kw auto 5spd? if so what is it like? e.g first gear?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Damn iPhone, excuse my above post... 3.9 will leave u with a short 1st gear, plenty of posts reference to diff gears, have u tried searching???

MC_WERKS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Is there anyone in Perth that has had the diff gears changed? Im keen on been passenger to see if I should go ahead with it or not.

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Hey i don't want to create a new thread so i'll just dig this up..

What do you guys think would be an ideal diff ratio for a VZ Acclaim with a 4L60E? I've heard 3.46 and 3.07 but i would also want to know your opinions on this and if you or anyone you know has done this and what the improvements are

cheers

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
well i just got a 3.46 on my sv6, and yes i would recommend them, i also had a cruise on the highway at roughly 110km/h and fuel consumption wasnt that bad, hows 6.8l/100km for ya! IMO, i would recommend getting 3.46, a nice overall ratio. your car with the 4sp auto will already have the 3.07

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Ah well don't I sound silly then.. Haha. Well yeah I guess what I'm saving up for next is the diff! So it's an all round improvement in throttle response and also economical?

Why didn't I get this sooner..