Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Disconnecting a supercharger

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
can someone clarify if its legal for an 18 year old P plater to drive a super 6 in VIC.
They're not allowed to drive them (yet afaik), although they aren't completely banned. You can get an exemption if you prove that you don't have anything else to drive. Hardly worth it though, fuel costs and with insurance being a killer for 'high performance' cars combined with a p plater status will keep you broke for a long time.

Anyway, stock for stock I'd have the 5L cause they sound good and are extremely smooth. And best of all can be put on gas; great performance and sound at a very low price :D

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I think the L67 can be a good performance engine, it just costs a lot more kw for kw.

IMO, if it were chucked in anything else but a boat of a commodore it would be perfect.

Id love to chuck one in something light and nimble as a project. A second hand L67 can be had for dirt cheap.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
TBH the L67 is marginally better than the NA v6's in the extra few kgs of the blower will hold a marginally larger boat to the bottom of the ocean.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Yeah turd polishing happens a lot lol. The SC14 was not a factory option and you were spinning it way past it's engineered levels.......which a standard L67 isn't. So your comparison is just mute

I never said the SC14 was a factory option, and yes I certainly was spinning it way beyond what it was designed for, but then it was still only making 6psi of boost. Anyhow, i think this swarm of hornets has almost run it's course. I'm going to go for a drive and see what trouble I get into out there....

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
L 67 conversions to Hi- lux , Rodeo , and the like , are a popular swap putting one in a chevette or a Torana would be my choice .

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
. And best of all can be put on gas

I thought there was some silly posts in this thread, but that by far takes the cake as the most silly.

Torana would be my choice .

Been there, done that. Ended up pulling it out in favour of some N/A V8 power.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I thought there was some silly posts in this thread, but that by far takes the cake as the most silly.

Been there, done that. Ended up pulling it out in favour of some N/A V8 power.

One of my colleagues has one in his , with a cam as well , it goes well , plus it looks completely stock also .
A lot of the highway patrol boys are born petrol heads , and have something hidden away in the garage

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
One of my colleagues has one in his , with a cam as well , it goes well , plus it looks completely stock also .
A lot of the highway patrol boys are born petrol heads , and have something hidden away in the garage

Look, no doubt they go pretty good in a light car. Mine went good, was definately fun to drive. However, i got to the point where i was going to have to throw a lot more money at it to go any faster as i'd gone about as far as you can go in terms of bolt on mods. Sure, people like Decicrate have certainly pushed the envelope to see how far they can go and i respect that, but for me i decided to go for what i thought was a better option for my situation. With bolt on mods, you get pretty good power for dollar value, but IMO, once you start cracking open the engine, that power for dollar value diminishes.

For the record, i am in no way trying to run down the L67, i think they're not a bad thing, that's just my experience/thoughts.