Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disconnecting Supercharger in VTV6 without removing it

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
it will not run smoothly not with out takeing the charger off and a tune but it will run. i'd keep the charger it's not going to do any harm as long as you don't drive like a toss

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Yeah it's slower than a stock VZ/VE Commodore. I would explain to him that the Holden Supercharger doesn't give much extra power without different pulleys.

Either that or I would sell the L67 engine and buy a GOOD CONDITION standard Ecotec engine. You'll probably make at least $1,000 in the process.

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
YEP THANKS GUYS pretty much what i was looking for done all my research after i posted this thread ( stupid me did it the wrong way around) and since i drive my gfs VZ around quite often ive got the 2 cars power figures side by side and proved dad wrong :). Cheers for your help mods please close

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Now just get a 10psi pulley for your supercharger to actually make it give a decent amount of power and don't tell your dad that you've done so :D

stevoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2 vt ss
hey i think i can see your flaps, harden the *** up.lol

on a serious note the car wouldn't run by just disconnecting the supercharger with a different belt as without the rotors moving it would choke the engine. on l67 forums they have said you can buy an adapter plate for the front which removes the snout and then you would have to open the top cover and remove the rotors as well, only then could it run and the computer even though it does run a fuel table which is comparable to throttle position it would still be effected by the air flow past the air flow meter which means more than likely it would kinda be a pig, especially with the 8.5.1 compression compared to the ecotec 9.?.1.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Now just get a 10psi pulley for your supercharger to actually make it give a decent amount of power and don't tell your dad that you've done so :D

Even though he has already reached a decision by the look of the pic it has a 10 PSI pulley with a Yella Terra Snout

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
yeah you are right, that is not the standard eaton charger, or at least not the snout and pulley.

the sc6 drives fine without the belt. Obiviously you notice the difference and I would'nt drive one for long without the belt attached, because it would be really boring... but if your belt snaps or the like, you can keep going.

I've driven mine without the belt on, and it just felt like a normal six.

Also, whilst it is fine to put maximum power figures side by side, and the rules says a p plater can drive the sc6, it is not really that simple. the alloytech will have a peak power output higher up in the rev range. the danger with an in experienced driver driving a sc 6 is the amount of torque the engine has down low. all things being equal, it is no issue still but the do tend to catch you by surprise in the rain.

6psi should be no problem, but would be interested, to know the diametre of that pulley?

Also there is a reason they didnt bring our the sc6 with a manual box, so now that you have bought it( by the sounds) take it a bit easy on the transmission.

BJ31OS

Supercharged VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series 2 VT
yeah you are right, that is not the standard eaton charger, or at least not the snout and pulley.

the sc6 drives fine without the belt. Obiviously you notice the difference and I would'nt drive one for long without the belt attached, because it would be really boring... but if your belt snaps or the like, you can keep going.

I've driven mine without the belt on, and it just felt like a normal six.

Also, whilst it is fine to put maximum power figures side by side, and the rules says a p plater can drive the sc6, it is not really that simple. the alloytech will have a peak power output higher up in the rev range. the danger with an in experienced driver driving a sc 6 is the amount of torque the engine has down low. all things being equal, it is no issue still but the do tend to catch you by surprise in the rain.

6psi should be no problem, but would be interested, to know the diametre of that pulley?

Also there is a reason they didnt bring our the sc6 with a manual box, so now that you have bought it( by the sounds) take it a bit easy on the transmission.

if he is on his P's the super6 is on the prohibited list so legally he cant drive it.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/200909_prohibited_vehicles_list.pdf

Its on page 44 and more on page 45

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
yeah in sa it hasnt came in yet so he can drive what he likes i think