Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disconnecting Supercharger in VTV6 without removing it

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
take off the charger belt, will need a 15mm ring spanner on the belt tensioner.

my car ran run without charger belt, and mine is cammed with huge lift.

i think yours will by fine ;)

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I think in Victoria it's ok as well, they have an exemption because the make the same power as an average six. My point however is where the power is delivered, in the rev range.

Interesting NSW, are not exempting yet.

here is the link for vic, in case anyone is interested. I thought they used to have a caculator to work out how much power you can have for the weight on the vicroads website as well.

Lower perfomance turbo or super charged vehicles : VicRoads

I think it is good to have the exemption all in all if not just for resale value of the older supercharged commodores.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
I thought a supercharger was banned regardless of how much power it makes. I was reading it then, it leads me to believe i could have a supercharged VT calais (still on green Ps) because its a family car, not a performance vehicle, and that the power to weight would be lower.

And i would have thought the engine wouldn't get damaged not running the supercharger if it was a s/c engine, but that it wouldnt run efficiently therefore making it a bad decision to have it off.

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
IN SA a 16 year old P plater like myself can legally drive a Lambo if i could lol