Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you wear gloves when filling up at the servo

Do you wear gloves when filling up at the servo

• yes, Only when filling up with petrol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
gloves are for wimps and yuppies......... ooooh look at me i own a bmw x5 and it came with white gloves to fill it at the truck stop....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
the only reason you would is if your alergic to deseal, also continuous skin exposour CAN lead to warts, many blokes in my tafe class noticed by 3rd year they where getting warts on there fingers and arms

Young blokes + excessive wanking = warts.

Fancy blaming it on the poor ol' petrol.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Young blokes + excessive wanking = warts.

Fancy blaming it on the poor ol' petrol.

They might be using some other kind of petroleum derivative, maybe that's doing it ;)

Never used gloves to fill up, cept like once when it was about -5 outside at 5am. Then I was a little ##### and had my thermals on.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
The benzine in fuel is toxic and you are not meant to come in contact with it. In some European locations there are disposable gloves at every servo to eliminate the prospect of people suing for fuel contact.
My old man used to work for an oil company as an oil blender. He came in contact with all sorts of chemicals, toluene etc which are carcinogenic. These were used in oil, grease etc. He used to scoop out grease by hand (no gloves) into retail containers. He warned me that it was not advisable to actually let any of these products come in contact with your skin but like everyone I have. He ended up dying of cancer about 18 years ago. Will never know if it was related but after he was diagnosed they started making people wear gloves etc. This was obviously before OH&S became as obsessive as it is now.
No I don’t wear glove while filling up but I try not to spray fuel around the joint either. Too expensive really. ;-)

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
with diesel i can sort of understand if ur doing it everyday and sloshing it everywhere.

But if ur filling up your tank with petrol once a week like most ppl do whilst wearing a glove, ur a pussy.. or have some kind of serious germ/skin deterioration phobia

btw, ive washed heaps of old car parts and crap with 2 stroke for years and my hands are fine. Dad has been doing this for 40+ years and his hands are still fine aswell

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
with diesel i can sort of understand if ur doing it everyday and sloshing it everywhere.

But if ur filling up your tank with petrol once a week like most ppl do whilst wearing a glove, ur a pussy.. or have some kind of serious germ/skin deterioration phobia

btw, ive washed heaps of old car parts and crap with 2 stroke for years and my hands are fine. Dad has been doing this for 40+ years and his hands are still fine aswell

I did my expenses today and have managed to spend $450 on fuel in 10 days. No poof gloves for me.

Reaper

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
The only time I use gloves is when I'm welding, which is very rarely these days unfortunately.

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
nah i dont, never had any get on my hands or anything so never felt the need

J.T VL LOVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL GOLD
Silly blond girls put them on when they fill up their stupid holden astra's

J.T VL LOVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL GOLD
I USED TO WRK AT A servo b4 i got a real job and we had many funny things but gloves were the last thing any one gave a **** about we did giv a **** to the stupid dick's that would drive of with the pump in still in the tank