Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you wear gloves when filling up at the servo

Do you wear gloves when filling up at the servo

• yes, Only when filling up with petrol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
I USED TO WRK AT A servo b4 i got a real job and we had many funny things but gloves were the last thing any one gave a **** about we did giv a **** to the stupid dick's that would drive of with the pump in still in the tank

bahahaha ah i bet you have some memories of stupid drivers while working at that servo.

Any more funny stories?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I did my expenses today and have managed to spend $450 on fuel in 10 days. No poof gloves for me.

Reaper

That's about 3 or 4 days for me. Was it diesel? Nozzles are always covered in diesel.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
As mentioned Diesel pumps are always covered in Diesel.

I've been tempted to wear gloves when filling up Diesel, it stinks and makes your hands feel **** house. A pain in the arse if your going to work, or going bush for a few days and you start by stinking of Diesel.
Personelly I just was my hands in the window washer buckets after I've filled up.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
bump this weird thread - for the lols

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Since seeing this thread and now that I have a G6ET - I may have to get a pair of gloves for filling up to match my driving ones.

Will match the straw hat too.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SS Sportswagon
lol.... That is all

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
It makes sense to wear gloves when filling up with fuel as your hands are getting exposed to fuel vapours. Never seen anyone where gloves in Australia nor have I hard of anyone blaming health problems on refueling exposure.

A good idea.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i see a few people wearing gloves when refueling and when working in workshops mostly indians (the pakistani type not native american type) i dont know why but thats my observations

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It makes sense to wear gloves when filling up with fuel as your hands are getting exposed to fuel vapours. Never seen anyone where gloves in Australia nor have I hard of anyone blaming health problems on refueling exposure.

A good idea.

Ok this is my problem with the namby pamby safety bullshit. Ive been grinding and cutting **** for years without even the smallest spec going in my eyes. Wore a safety visor helmet thing to load a trailer with branches and **** and bang - a twig bounced off the visor thing and straight in my eye. hurt like #### for days :ranting:. Really..... HTFU. I can't believe people are still on about this ****.