Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving from Singapore to London

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Hi All,

Something I heard about a while ago and thought about doing when I had the time/cash to do it was to drive from Singapore to London. Wouldn't mind giving it a try with the Adventra (190kw), probably not the best car to use as parts might be a bit hard to source along the way if I need them, but then that could all be part of the adventure (no pun intended).

Any thoughts - please don't be cruel :thumbsup:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My only thoughts are 'wow'.

Thats a pretty insane journey... as you said, considering the distance yo will be covering a car that has local parts might be a safer option. But in theory as long as nothing breaks, an advendura should eat it up no worries.

Good luck mate!

crawfy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
get yourself a hilux in singapore do it in a hilux! unbreakable. :thumbsup: but when the unthinkable does come to pass, at least you can source parts no matter where you are. then sell the thing when you get to the UK... hmm you've given me ideas :D

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I saw a guy driving through town not long ago from..... Switzerland I think? in a left hand drive old school diesel merc, It was FULL of all his stuff. Also seen a Landcruiser not long ago with Swiss plates and full of stuff at a servo in Warrnambool

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
All good suggestions, I probably wouldn't veer too much away from sealed roads though - mind you I have no idea what I will encounter - just sounds like an awesome thing to do.

PietroChocko

Nurses do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a VN Executive 5.0, but now a Ford Laser Auto.
Plan it out on Google first! And better have an epic GPS...

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
fark that. Whats the longest trip you've even been on I hope you don't get car sick lol.