Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DrZ's VXII Clubby R8

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Okay, so I haven't had a chance to clean it yet. Yesterday I found out that I absolutely shreaded the F outta my inner side walls, I assume this was because if large amounts of neg camber strapped onto a dyno hard and many many 250kmph runs.
So I had a blow out yesterday, thankfully not till I pulled into my driveway.. But thanks to a neighbours little compressor I was able to limp it literally 50m to my local tyre shop who weren't to happy with my a) limp it there idea and b) SSSL springs, flat tyre, side skirts and them trying to get it on a hoist :p

So I grabbed a photo of my engine bay at work this morn, yes its dirty. I'm sorry. Bit I just want to share how good it looks! (Even dirty)

uploadfromtaptalk1367125388128.jpguploadfromtaptalk1367125406315.jpguploadfromtaptalk1367125423921.jpg

Last edited:

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
On another not as happy side note, my engine light came on the other day, same as it used to last year before I got the knock sensor desensitized a lil, I assume when it got tuned they removed that not knowing why it was put like that.. So... Will have to go back an get that sorted again. Hopefully its just knock sensors picking up the false knock.. (Go above 100kmph take foot off accelerator an light comes on, just the same as last year, different tuner desensitized it)

Last edited:

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
So since I never got round to photo copying the dynograph. I took a photo of it! Haha Hope that's okay guys :p

uploadfromtaptalk1367195018259.jpg

So yeah, as you can see it was leaning out a decent bit before in the beginning, the tuner said it was a bit of a freak stocker as it shouldn't have made such a high power figure on stock tune. An it made decent power gains and torque gains. Very happy!

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Nice mate love the look of the OTR and ya gotta be happy with that dyno figure

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
still looking into cam specs? look up vcm performance, they are producing awesome cams atm, a lot of cars that are being built out this way are using these cams, especially the vcm 6 :)
Hey Summerz,
Yeah man, I still want to cam her up, I just came to the realisation that unfortunately, although you can sleep in a car and race it, but only sleep in a house, you still need a house... and a wedding... So paying the wedding of (already had it) and working towards getting a house, realised how long thats going to take me, so i thought. Fck it, ill get an otr and tune now. Set it up for a cam later on down the track, but have some fun with it now...! :) ~see if I can muster up some dosh for a set of 3.9s after tax return.

Yeah I have heard excellent things about the VCM 6, and its on my list of 'I wants' :D On that note, I'm not even sure what my tuner likes to use for his cams, shall have to investigate. But I know his more then happy to tune it after IIIII cam it if thats what I want to do, considering how much I love pulling things apart, I'm pretty keen on that idea. Haha

Nice mate love the look of the OTR and ya gotta be happy with that dyno figure

Cheers mate,
Yeah I love the look of the OTR, so much so I have nooooo fckn idea why holden doesnt just come out with them standard, that propably would be the only way id buy a VF commie, if it had OTR, new zorst, cam the lot of the line (they look like a mazda 6 and i think theyre awful [at the present time, it may grow on me yet]). But yeah man, love the look, Ive now realised I need to do a battery to boot relocation so it evens out the engine bay, but then ive been told by a few ppl that have been down that track before, if i start doing stuff like that then Im only going to want to smoot the engine bay and then it all blows out of proportion. Which I agree, the mate who told me this, yeah it went out of control. I love the look of the car, but I prefer to spend money on go fast bits..

And that Dyno figure, daaaamn... Yeah man I am stoked with that aye! For a otr and catback only (not even full zorst) I am well pleased with the outcome. It was so close to pushing the 330rwhp mark!!! Haha Which is fantastic on its own let alone the fact it was on a Mainline and such minimal mods compared to others that have gone down that path.

Cheers for the comments guys, I am very happy with how its all going..!

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Get a cam.. It's so worth it ;)

Trust me.. I know...! Haha I took a cammed up ssz out a few months back.. Which is why I HAD to do something to the car haha.. But I'll go a set of 3.9s first.. Lol then me and Adam can race on a street out near his house. If I loose I'll cam it :p

You should convince him to cam his aye.. Would love to go for a drive in it then. That way I can choose how big I wanna go haha

summerZ

SMRBGD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II S
Hey Summerz,
Yeah man, I still want to cam her up, I just came to the realisation that unfortunately, although you can sleep in a car and race it, but only sleep in a house, you still need a house... and a wedding... So paying the wedding of (already had it) and working towards getting a house, realised how long thats going to take me, so i thought. Fck it, ill get an otr and tune now. Set it up for a cam later on down the track, but have some fun with it now...! :) ~see if I can muster up some dosh for a set of 3.9s after tax return.

Yeah I have heard excellent things about the VCM 6, and its on my list of 'I wants' :D On that note, I'm not even sure what my tuner likes to use for his cams, shall have to investigate. But I know his more then happy to tune it after IIIII cam it if thats what I want to do, considering how much I love pulling things apart, I'm pretty keen on that idea. Haha

all good mate, some things in life just take priority over others.. but when you find you have yourself a spare couple g's laying around, you can always treat yourself when the times right :p
and yeah, hopefully your tuner could work with the vcm cam's. you would definately not be disappointed with their products!!

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
all good mate, some things in life just take priority over others.. but when you find you have yourself a spare couple g's laying around, you can always treat yourself when the times right :p
and yeah, hopefully your tuner could work with the vcm cam's. you would definately not be disappointed with their products!!

Haha yeah man, you know it.. Soon as I get some spare cash that isn't labelled as loans, home deposit or holiday it'll be camming the car.. But like I said.. I think I'll get me some 3.9s first.. ;)

- DrZ