Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E2 Senator or E3 R8?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Massive jump from a Calais to a Senator that is quite difficult to mod out of.

Reaper
I know, and it would be a monstrous step down saying you own a holden n not a HSV...but there are alot of guys on here that have easily put 15-25k into a car n they are absolutely one of a kind, personally if you are happy with the level of comfort in a standard holden, maybe get an SSV and go mental with mods. if you aren't planning on changing anything though I would get a Senator...but don't go hacking it up because I think HSV's should be left the way they are when they roll out...and treated with a bit of respect.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I know, and it would be a monstrous step down saying you own a holden n not a HSV...

Dunno about that to be honest. When choosing between a R8 and SSV a few years back I couldn't see the extra $$$ between the 2. As far as the HSV badge goes I'm neither here nor there about it.

but there are alot of guys on here that have easily put 15-25k into a car n they are absolutely one of a kind, personally if you are happy with the level of comfort in a standard holden, maybe get an SSV and go mental with mods. if you aren't planning on changing anything though I would get a Senator...but don't go hacking it up because I think HSV's should be left the way they are when they roll out...and treated with a bit of respect.

Haha then you won't like my one. It looks the same from the outside I suppose :p

Reaper

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Dunno about that to be honest. When choosing between a R8 and SSV a few years back I couldn't see the extra $$$ between the 2. As far as the HSV badge goes I'm neither here nor there about it.
Haha then you won't like my one. It looks the same from the outside I suppose :p

Reaper
Might be just me because I am so far off ever being able to afford one lol, but yeah I think the HSV branding definately holds higher regard than the standard badging...and as for your car...I like your's...its the people that put like...butt ugly dinner plate rims or heinous looking paintjob's on perfectly good HSV's...makes baby jesus cry

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
The problem with Senator's is 95% of them are Auto's, and that's just not as fun.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
The problem with Senator's is 95% of them are Auto's, and that's just not as fun.

Actually all but 9 of them (E3's anyway) ;)

If you really want a manual make me an offer - I'm happy to move on any time. 3rd 1/4 of this year would be perfect timing actually :driving:

Reaper

P2271572.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
is that stock interior trim?

me likey... i love that 2 tone look.:spot on:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
is that stock interior trim?

me likey... i love that 2 tone look.:spot on:

Yeah - just tick the "light urban" box. Pretty sure they are probably inferior non BMW cows though. :)

Reaper

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yeah..those cows that are handfed old bmw parts from birth...nice supple leather

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
If i had to chose between the two itd always be the Senator... But if I had the money I would be looking at a 08-09 VE SS with all the remainder cash packet into the car in aftermarket stuff. Or if you still want the HSV look, a VY-VZ Senator with the left over cash tucked into some pretty serious mods.. Unfortunately, I am not in ur position.. I did however have a simlar Q a while back.. VY SS or VXII Clubby R8 -> the clubby won and Id do it the same way over and over.. everyone has there preferences, I knew right from the start when i posted the comments that i had my heard set on the clubby, i wanted to know what other ppl thought, but end of the day.. was always gunna be my clubby.. now if it was Senator V Clubby for me.. haha whole different ball game... have fun with that one

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Plus it's the V10 powertrain... sounds like nothing else Holden makes :love:.

Translation:

Plus it's the V10 powertrain... so when it goes "clunk" you'll need to take a 2nd mortgage out to fix it or replace it.