Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eaton m90 S/C onto a N/A vs ecotec, Hard?

MBS206

Reaction score
Hey mate,
Looking at doing this myself as well, just wondering, how much did you pay for all of your gear?
Also, never really tinkered with supercharged cars, mainly been turbo person, but how does it all bolt on?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
TheForgotten said:
nah no L67 ever got manual from the factory, because holden knew that with the torque of a L67 over a V8 (l67 is faster down the 1/4) then v8's wouldn't sell anywhere near as much.

Sounds like typical holden logic to me, cheers!

Sixshooter... the VT SS S1 (S2 had GenIII, why would you buy an L67 over that? :p) had a choice of 5L or L67... 5L had manual option but not so for the L67. If any s/c car were going to have manual option that would be the one!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
actually matt, I'd take a juiced L67 (or L32 mmmmmmm) over a juiced LS1. they're just so over done. every man and his next door neighbour has them here.

MBS206 - can't remember the website, but whipple has released a blower to replace the eaton M90 - and it sounds absolutly mental - might be worth a look instead of the eaton.....

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
actually matt, I'd take a juiced L67 (or L32 mmmmmmm) over a juiced LS1. they're just so over done. every man and his next door neighbour has them here.

MBS206 - can't remember the website, but whipple has released a blower to replace the eaton M90 - and it sounds absolutly mental - might be worth a look instead of the eaton.....

MBS206

Reaction score
My problem is, I still don't know how to mount it up?

Does it all just bolt on inplace of the intake manifold/plenum sorta thing? (The part that covers the valley and the TB bolts on to?) and then just need a pulley on the crank and run some piping?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
That's the basics... yes.. but.. no offense but if you bought an M90 without even knowing that much... perhaps it's worth getting a shop to look at it for you..

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
MBS206
Here's something that might give you abit of help.

Attachments

• L67.pdf
    546.2 KB · Views: 1,543

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
as far as i am aware, the S/C V6 never came with a manual option for the fact that the holden engineers could 'control' shift points etc with the auto whereas with the manual, they would have near zero control whether somebody wanted to hold them flat all day or lug around town in 4th doing 60.
correct me if i am wrong?

MBS206

Reaction score
mattman said:
That's the basics... yes.. but.. no offense but if you bought an M90 without even knowing that much... perhaps it's worth getting a shop to look at it for you..
I've never played with superchargers, never even bothered to start looking into stuff like this except the last day or so.
I've played with N/As and Turbos, I know how they work/mount etc. Superchargers are just a new thing.

Hence, here asking questions, to learn, then I can buy, and I can experiment.

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
mattman said:
Dont know if you were talking to me or the other guy interested in the l67, bought it cause its dirt cheap $480 for the blower, manif, and throttle body and im getting heads and fuel lines to match next week, as for the block getting it rebuilt in a couple months considering the same as sircruizalots c.o.m.e engine, with the blower on top.:driving: