Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eaton m90 S/C onto a N/A vs ecotec, Hard?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yeah the eaton bolts on in place of the manifold. also remember that the heads are different to NA, as the injectors are in the head on the supercharged engine.
personally, I wouldn't bolt on a pump to a stock block, because I'm too likely to want more power, and lots of forced air into a factory engine = kaboom

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
s/c pdf

VS CALAIS said:
MBS206
Here's something that might give you abit of help.
Thanx thats perfect have you got any more of that or know where to get it?
:w00t:

MBS206

Reaction score
TheForgotten said:
yeah the eaton bolts on in place of the manifold. also remember that the heads are different to NA, as the injectors are in the head on the supercharged engine.
personally, I wouldn't bolt on a pump to a stock block, because I'm too likely to want more power, and lots of forced air into a factory engine = kaboom
I'm not bothered on that.
Engine is going under the knife in around 6months. Either being built to be a decent N/A motor (High comp, cams, heads) Or it goes for a mild SC setup.

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Lazin,
I'll see what else i can get and upload it. there is also an american site that just deals with 3800lts V6's only so it would be worth cheaking it out .....

MBS206

Reaction score
I just found out that the Capa kit for Powerdyne is adirect bolt on to the old Buick motors. :D

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
MBS206 said:
I just found out that the Capa kit for Powerdyne is adirect bolt on to the old Buick motors. :D
Yeh but for how much and would still stress your engine in the long run if its not built for it.

MBS206

Reaction score
For a full kit with retune, kit priced at $5000...

I've sent off for a personal quote, waiting to get a reply.

I'm not worried on stress... If I go supercharged the motor gets rebuilt straight away. No matter what, my motor is getting rebuilt.

Z

zim

from what ive heard GMH did try a manual SC6 VT, had to use a solid flywheel as the dual mass just got torn up then the getrag had to be fitted don't know if they used the V8 getrag as the V6 getrag probably could't handle the torque? then by the time it would go into production the GenIII was out and why carry 3 types of manual gearboxes, anyhow the engineer involved stuffed it all up:ranting: ! anyhow they probably looked at the sums and it probably didn't add up for the small amount of sales, and by the time you validate all the changes, look at how many manual 6's they sell, the SC6 was an under rated engine aswell, most just picked the 6 for economy the GenII for performance the SC6 well it gets forgotten.
Anyhow they did say it went sweet:yeah:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS