Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ebay mod chip/resistor 20% more power-the truth

kevs_bt1

EXBAY13
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
We have all seen the add on ebay as seen in the below pic....
Everyone is sceptical about it too.
If this hasn't been posted yet here's the info.
The truth is is that it is a $1.00 resistor available at ANY Dick Smith Electronics store. I did it to my car a year ago and yes it does work...slightly.
I did notice a difference but I doubt 20kw.
In a nutshell it tricks your car into thinking it is always cold outside. It is too dark to check but I will come back tomorrow with the colour code for this resistor and how to install it...10 minutes...no tools, an only $1...not $20.

Attachments

• Resistor.jpg
    Resistor.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 210

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Mate i suggest you take this out of your car ASAP. With one of these in, your car is constantly running rich, which both uses a lot more fuel and will clog your cat converter horribly.

kevs_bt1

EXBAY13
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
Mate i suggest you take this out of your car ASAP. With one of these in, your car is constantly running rich, which both uses a lot more fuel and will clog your cat converter horribly.

Hey fellow Kiwi, how is Egmont looking mate? Bit snowy yet. I have been thinking the same thing over the past couple of days, as my car has been off the road for a good part of the past year it hasn't done the damage, but yeah, I have the same thoughts. Everything is worth a try though.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy

kevs_bt1

EXBAY13
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
Cant really see it, too overcast this week. Freezin tho.

I was born in Hunterville, near Palmy, lived on Ngamatea Station on the Napier-Taihape Rd, went to NBHS and moved her 10 years ago. Are you the last Kiwi left in NZ lol.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
yer i think its a 3.3k resistor tricks comp adds more fuel and maybe more timing advance aswell? on a hot day prob fk the car up thinking its getting 10c air but really gettin 40c

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
done to death, every week almost.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
WTF... seriously? If i farted in your airbox it would give you more performance than this rubbish.

We all know what it is, we all know how it works... the mods should set a automatic block on any thread at contains "ebay" and "chip" in the titles!

This thing f*cks your car... the ari temp sensor is there for a reason... why don't you remove your O2 sensors while your at it.

It makes your car run rich... so your AF ratio is too low... having a AF ratio thats too high will leave carbon deposits on your engine internals, clog your cat AND cost you more in fuel...

So best case scenario you've just spent $1 at dick smith on something thats slowly but surely scr*wing up your car... well done!