Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engagement Ring Options

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Yup! More to follow tomorrow! :D

Couldn't wait for Vanuatu - got too impatient. Now Vanuatu will be like the engagement Honeymoon. ;) lol

So I'm assuming she said yes? Congrats mate! :beer chug:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You have no idea. A few months? Who said a few months? Here's an idea, how about you get a clue, then get back to me. The rhodium protects the 18ct white gold. It's not a gold plated ring you knob! (if that's against the rules, I'll take the infraction cause it's worth it for the truth on this occasion)

Actually why did I bother? With spelling like "couting" I should have realised........ and ignored.

Greenacc has a point, read this for some info. Why Palladium Rings?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Actually why did I bother? With spelling like "couting" I should have realised........ and ignored.

because unlike your ring you're obviously not too bright LOL

what's all this **** about having the ring replated every couple of years?
i bought my wjfes engagement ring 11 years ago and it still looks good and has never had to be replated
and i can assure you that i spent nowhere near what you spent on this one

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Congratulations Rufys on your engagement.

I hope you a lifetime of bliss and happiness with no suffering

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Laugh if she said No. Then this whole thread would be an epic fail, or for some a Epic win haha!

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
OK she said yes, without hesitation. And there hasn't been a single negative reaction from anyone we know. Everyone, including us, is OVER THE MOON!

We've had a few nights of celebration so far with another one tonight and then a weekend away at her family farm near Ballarat this weekend for more celebrations and relaxation. I really love that place!

On the topic of the ring. For the morons that STILL DON'T GET IT, every white gold ring custom made by the jeweler we use has a thin coating of rhodium over the solid white gold, simply to protect the white gold and increase the lustre. Every 5 - 10 years, that coating can be redone if you want it to be redone. It's not a f**king gold plated ring!!!

The ring on her hand is attached.

Eratap is where we'll be going for our "engagement honeymoon" but we're delaying it until May (after the wet season). Can't wait! Then probably going back for the actual honeymoon too. Unless we end up with enough cash to go to the Maldives of course!

Attachments

• Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 132

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
On the topic of the ring. For the morons that STILL DON'T GET IT, every white gold ring custom made by the jeweler we use has a thin coating of rhodium over the solid white gold, simply to protect the white gold and increase the lustre.

24kt white gold??

From my understanding rhodium is only really used for shine, nothing more, it is more brittle than gold hence why it wears away so easily.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
24kt white gold??

From my understanding rhodium is only really used for shine, nothing more, it is more brittle than gold hence why it wears away so easily.

No way! 24ct is far too malleable for daily wear. It's 18ct white gold (75% gold with 25% silver and palladium - not sure on the percentages of silver and palladium off the top of my head). Yes you are right about shine - it's why we went with white gold rather than platinum (I originally wanted to buy platinum). To maintain a platinum ring's shine is a lot more expensive over time than to maintain the shine of a white gold ring. And when I say "over time" I mean a BLOODY LONG TIME!!!

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Originally Posted by IBLOWN View Post
That rich ay? Got a Ferrari other than your commodore?
What the ef???

Really you couldn't work out why he said that? Start saying things like "Oh I don't need to save for anything" and expect comments like the one from IBLOWN.