Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine swap

ardyrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive v6
I have just bought a VZ wagon at auction and here is my dilemma ,the is hard to start and when it eventually starts i get a few codes on the scanner ,one is cam angle fault and the other is 02 sensor fault it wont rev past 3500 rpm.When I checked the engine numbers from those on my rego papers i noticed the papers said LEO engine code and the motor in my car said HBA can anyone help me correct this? I can buy another wreck with a complete motor and all electrics but i'm not sure if it can be swapped,thank you Ed.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
why change engine, new cam sensor set of O2 sensors should all be good, get codes cleared etc, engine wont rev past 3k while stationary, safety feature,

ardyrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive v6
problem is LEO motor has 4 02 sensors mine has 2 and i already replaced cam sensors and even replaced the connectors but still wont rev when driving and very hard to start.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
LE0 is the engine type, not a part of the engine number which indeed contains HBA, it's perfectly fine.
The engine type is also indicated in the VIN.

I think the LE0 had only 2 sensors on the VZ but 4 on the VE.
Just replace them, the code will go away and the car will rev.

ardyrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive v6
My car has 4 02 sensors and the engine number on my papers reads LE00623xxxxx and the motor fitted reads 10HBAH051300XXX also my car was built AUG 06 and the engine was built MAY 05.

ardyrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive v6
there is 4 sensors fitted at the moment but i'm not sure if it is original

ardyrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive v6
this is the problem I have The HBA motor has 2 02 sensors and the later has 4 so how do I fix this problem?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
there is 4 sensors fitted at the moment but i'm not sure if it is original

This is a rough sketch of what actuators and O2 sensors are fed by underbonnet fuses. May help explain if there is a battery voltage feed problem. The diagram is for the 190 kw engine in my SV6. For somebody to add extra wiring for the rear O2 sensors would be a serious upgrade to wiring and programming of the ECU/BCM etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1532ml.jpg
    IMG_1532ml.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 367
Last edited: