Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Entrapment" of motorists

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
And when I say people would act differently, Immortality pretty much hit it on the head. I see most people doing this:

Of course, now that we know what's happening, nobody will risk themselves now.

If the Police were really smart about this they would have just driven along at 50km/h without pulling over or cutting out in front of anybody. Probably what they'll do now.

I think the proper course of action in these situations would be to get your passenger to call the police tip line (In NZ it's *555 from any mobile) and complain about the idiot in front of you that can't maintain his speed or stay in his lane (give vehicle details ) and tell them that you intend to overtake as you believe staying behind the vehicle been driven dangerously is not safe.....

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hoping won't get you there mate. BTW don't make blanket, unqualified statements about the political or other behaviour of motorists. That just underlines the negative attitude being rallied against in the video, and now in Canberra.
We can change law.

Absolutely no idea what you are on about. Please point out were my unqualified statement is.

And you can't change the law mate, you can only change attitudes and opinions.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Now, my interactions with a police officer usually last 30 seconds to a minute when I am being breath tested. After which I never see that individual again. So if they are to earn my respect, it would never happen.

Fair that you always be respectful to officers (or anyone for that matter) upon first meeting them. But respect can be earned within a 30sec meeting with someone.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Absolutely no idea what you are on about. Please point out were my unqualified statement is.

And you can't change the law mate, you can only change attitudes and opinions.

Off topic, no baiting. That's ENTRAPMENT, get a life.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Yeah, not entrapment, just plain old being dicks though. Apparently there was a missing child near the Downshift meet and the defect station wouldn't spare even one officer to help the search within the meet, and there were a lot of officers.

Not pointing fingers here, but I always find a lot of the responses on these topics interesting. A lot of them are the typical "I would have done this in that kind of situation" or "I never do that" blah blah blah kind of thing. All of these answers have the advantage of retrospect. But if you'r travelling on an 80km/h long single lane road in the State Nasho with somebody plodding at 50 or 60 in front of you and no overtaking lanes, I find it hard to believe that the following driver would pull over for 5 minutes (only to catch up with them further down the road doing exactly the same thing, unless they smoke up as said before) or just wait. I know (which I base on absolutely nothing) that people say they would do a particular thing in that scenario, but do completely the opposite when actually presented with it.

And when I say people would act differently, Immortality pretty much hit it on the head. I see most people doing this:

Of course, now that we know what's happening, nobody will risk themselves now.

If the Police were really smart about this they would have just driven along at 50km/h without pulling over or cutting out in front of anybody. Probably what they'll do now.

We weren't talking about pulling over for slow drivers, we were talking about erratic drivers. If they were just slow I would, and have, just follow along and overtake when there was the chance, I just don't let it get to me. There's always somewhere to overtake legally eventually. Erratic drivers on the other hand I don't want to be anywhere near and will do what I said before.