Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

evolution theory.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I want to hear your theories on how this world come to exist...

It's been a big topic at work the last month or so and now I'm curious of other possibilities.

I for one don't believe in god nor do I believe man kind and animals grew from nothing, I'll get back to my theory later.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
South Park hands down wins my evolution theory.

We are all off spring of retarted fish having butt sex.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
we all are just a big experiment ..... and happen just to be along for the ride.

who started it?...who knows/like do I care?...no coz i will never meet them/it
who controls it.... Mother Nature/the dark force/black holes on the moon...who knows
who has explanations for all this?...Einstein? nup, Hubble? nup and certainly no religion (there I said it)

just remember the answer to life death the universe everything is..........

42 :)

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Evolution has been proved time and again, we can see it happening and continuing on today.

What is in dispute is the Last Universal Common Ancestor, which would be some organism from which life today was generated from. The last point you can trace all life back too. We can theorize what the lifeform would need to be like to enable us to exist, but finding it will be hard.

So how did the world form? We are the left over result of the accretion of a stellar death many billions of years ago, have a read about how Solar Systems form, very cool gear. The Big Bang works fine, but since time was created at the point of the big bang, there is technically no before. Which is where human brains go splat.

What I think we have to consider is that parts of our existence may be, at least for now, beyond our understanding. You could teach calculus to a pigeon until you are blue in the face, but it will never understand. Only human arrogance makes us think we can understand everything. We are still pretty low on the evolutionary scale.

In answer to your question, I follow science. As more information is discovered, we change the theory to match, that's how we learn. There is a misconception in the word "theory". Evolution is a theory.

So is gravity. In the words of Tim Minchin "Those who doubt evolution cause it's only a theory, you hope they feel the same about gravity. So they might float the #### away."

The more science you read, the more it makes sense. The more religion you read, the more you think it's a crock.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
The origins of the universe are still up for debate.

The origin of life and the process which lead to the diversity of life forms we see today are not. This has been known and understood for some time now and any biology book can really give you the answers.

Evolution is a body of scientific knowledge which is not open to debate, as the facts and evidence are irrefutable

Edit: I just thought I'd add the wikipedia definition of Scientific theory:

A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment"

The Key words there are Facts, and Repeatably confirmed

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
No arguments here about evolution. But it's still just a theory, and no theory is provable 100%. Saying something is not open for debate is the sort of thinking that #### slaps science in the face. I personally think we are more than evolved goo and I choose to believe that.

Everything is open for debate. That's the beauty of science.

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
We came here when our giant spaceship crashed and caused the ice age. Sadly we lost a large portion of the ship, its contents are now regarded as 'mythical' beings. The reason we look different is we all came from different planets.

Aliens.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
^^ this I like ^^

My theory is we evolved over millions of years to adapt to our surroundings, apes are still apes because they didn't need to, but humans adapted because they had to, Africans have dark skin to protect them from their climate, while on uk and the like have fair skin and are bright white in comparison as they need to let more sun in, this kind of thing.

I believe humans are to apes / chimps / monkeys ect as domestic cats are to tigers / lions / pumas ect.

That's my opinion, where the world come from, I don't know.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Fella from work believes we are the work of another race, that god may be real, but a ruler of another planet, all the planets of the solar system were created as an experiment until earth was formed, the perfect planet to sustain life, dinosaurs didn't work well, so, kill them off and start again. They then created humanoids.

As he says, how do we know, that they aren't (assuming "they" are real) 2000 years ahead of us, we are only now, getting into cloning and the like.