Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

evolution theory.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
With one correction...Evolutionary theory doesn't explain how life came to be, it explains how life developed after it started.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
With one correction...Evolutionary theory doesn't explain how life came to be, it explains how life developed after it started.

Perhaps this is a bit more accurate: Evolution describes how life developed, via changes in inherited characteristics, and it's origins.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I disagree. The term 'missing link' is a lie peddled by fundamentalist creationists. The claim is "there are still fragments of evidence that don't fit the expected pattern."

A missing link is irrelevant to that claim. Again, what evidence can you present that doesn't fit with evolutionary theory?

There are numerous cases of hominids that are found where they shouldn't be, or differ slightly from others. They don't quite fit the pattern or time line which science expected to find them in. That doesn't disprove evolution, it merely shows us that we are missing some of the details.

The missing link is a myth created by fundamentalist creationists?

The most commonly referred to 'missing link' is the point at which the genetic origins of higher primates coincide. Something which bridges the evolutionary split between higher primates and their more distant relatives such as lemurs. It has nothing to do with fundamental creationism.

A possible candidate for this role was incidentally discovered in Germany in 2009, a small lemur-like skeleton with many primate characteristics, including grasping hands, opposable thumbs, fingernails instead of claws, and shorter limbs.

There is a big gap in evolutionary theory at the point where higher primates split from their lower cousins like the lemurs... a missing link. They will now spend years trying to prove this creature is NOT the so call missing link. That's what science does, assemble known data, draw conclusions, and try to disprove those conclusions.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Just browsing the search bar, found this, a little relevant I think

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/177207-bc-ad-gone-new-curriculum.html

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
There will always be anomalies, look at the cinobal babies, tree man, these are now documented whereas back in the 'day' wouldn't have been and if they were, most likely are no longer.

Take tree man, if found today as a fossil, dated long ago could be the missing link to us coming from trees.

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Yeah, we don't know shut about fick. There's like 10 dimensions so get ya head round that one!
As far a the source of life, I like the idea of cells living in ice floating round in space and forming into planets via meteors then evolving. I think that they are looking for signs of life on mars to help prove that one.

There is a theory that mars was much like earth and it used to be a lot warmer but because it is smaller it core cooled quicker and couldn't sustain a magnetic field protecting it from radiation from the sun. Therefore blowing some of the water into space and forming into ice with some cells again and so the circle of life
Still doesn't explain where we can from but is a good idea I how we came to be on earth. Not from mars, well maybe but from space.

It would be a fair assumption that there is more life In the universe and it stems from water.

I'm not explaining it that well but it's a good one to look into. Surely other ppl on the net will do it more justice than me.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
There's like 10 dimensions so get ya head round that one!

If you are referring to M-Theory, there are 11. It's Superstring theory postulates 10 dimensions.

Now just before anyone goes nuts, these theories are new and under investigation, evolution has been researched at least in part, since Ancient Greece. Modern science has dealt with it since the 17th century.

String theory and loop quantum gravity are very new theories attempting to unify general relativity and quantum mechanics, most of this research started in 1990.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Allot of people (predominantly Theists) clutch at the common phrase "Evolution is just a theory" but it's actually an observed fact.

What they are most likely confusing it with is "The Theory Of Evolution By Natural Selection" and even then that theory is being proved correct with they "Black Fly's Study".

I was raised as a Catholic and we told that Adam and Eve was just a story told for biblical purposes yet my best friend who is Christian swears blind that its how we came about and Eve was created from one of Adam's ribs? lol

Now that i'm out of School (catholic) and Church I can honestly say that the ignorance of my teachers and head of church was disturbing.

It is completely normal for Humans to be curious and the fact that you are reading this on a computer is testimony to how our curiosity has answered questions we want answered and we develope skills to get there, so when it comes to answering a question that is near impossible to answer like "How did we get here" some people keep looking and some just settle for a quick fix and invent an answer to keep their curiosity satisfied. ie: God

And one fact is for sure, the creation of earth will one day be scientifically explained with proof it had nothing to do with a Deity and religion will finally be tipped on its head once and for all and we can rid this infected planet of the evil they spread!

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

Yes but other areas of science explain this. Evolutionary science is the study of what happened since that event.

Scientist have created synthetic species which self replicate (that's all life is, self replicating cells). Have a quick read about it here on a site with a funny name

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...WYy4Fw&usg=AFQjCNEZgLGHwNIz-GcFQgYK3kZLAtJNnw

All it takes for life to come to be is the right chemical reaction to occur. The odds of it ever happening on its own are miniscule, which is why we haven't found life on other planets yet. It's also why we should all feel incredibly luck that we were ever born